Sponsored

Help Spend My Money-- 22 JLU Rubicon Mods

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
The first 392 sold by my dealer was driven home and suspension, tires and wheels, bumpers,skids, lights spare carrier, etc were pulled off plus add on’s. Picked mine up about two months later and it still wasn’t completed. All done with essentially no seat miles. As stated, I quickly determined I am not touching the great suspension and I don’t understand those who make major changes without knowing what it was like before the changes.
I too have no understanding about “why” folks choose to mod a new vehicle without ever trying it for a while in various situation while stock. A stock Jeep(with decent tires) is incredibly capable, more so than most drivers. Gotta be cause they want “the look” because it sure isnt about performance. Many moons ago my old TJ (stock) with a good set of tires pulled a lifted JK with 35’s out of a mud hole, and then proceeded through the same mud hole by following a slightly different line than the guy in the JK. He thought lifted and big tires =unstoppable. Georgia clay mud proved him wrong😏
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I too have no understanding about “why” folks choose to mod a new vehicle without ever trying it for a while in various situation while stock. A stock Jeep(with decent tires) is incredibly capable, more so than most drivers. Gotta be cause they want “the look” because it sure isnt about performance. Many moons ago my old TJ (stock) with a good set of tires pulled a lifted JK with 35’s out of a mud hole, and then proceeded through the same mud hole by following a slightly different line than the guy in the JK. He thought lifted and big tires =unstoppable. Georgia clay mud proved him wrong😏
When I got to the bottom of a very steep hill a Chevy powered Land Cruiser was about a third of the way up way over powering it, losing traction, slipping,sliding,throwing rocks and gravel. My stock CJ3A went putt—putt—putt and beat him to the top. We were laughing so hard when he made it he turned as red as a tomato!