Sponsored

Help! Snapped my axle on my 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon and I need advice!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Well, there are literally 100s or even 1000s on this forum doing much more than that on stock axles. Just not jumping them.
By all means, you should do a 20-30mph run on a 2-3' obstacle with both your XR and Bronco and film it. I bet I know which vehicle will handle it better. (Not the XR)
raptor-ford.gif
Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Lets see next time you post a video of you actually offroading your vehicles instead of comparing mall crawling comforts.

I wanna see you go over rocks with running water and record it. Since it is such an easy obstacle.

Your inexperience shows.

This is why people break shit. They spend hours in Youtube watching litebrite and others doing actual extreme offroading then they go out doing dumbshit. They think it is "easy" cause of all the experience theyve acquired on youtube.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Snapped my axle on my 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon and I need advice! 200 (2)

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The fucking airbags 😂. But hey. Should be covered under warranty.

I hit the shifter on my mountain bike last week on a tiny ass rock coming downhill. It broke. I think I am gonna open a warranty claim, since it is a mountain bike right?

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I literally can't deal with yall anymore!!! I just can't! This thread got me CRYING!!!! 😂 😂 😂 😂 💀
...ohh super yikes lol!

I hope the OP can get a bit of humor from all these posts. If this happened to me...I think these comments would've put a smile on my face. :)

edit: And I'mma just "drop some knowledge" with this post 😂 :

Last edited:

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Lets see next time you post a video of you actually offroading your vehicles instead of comparing mall crawling comforts.

I wanna see you go over rocks with running water and record it. Since it is such an easy obstacle.

Your inexperience shows.

This is why people break shit. They spend hours in Youtube watching litebrite and others doing actual extreme offroading then they go out doing dumbshit. They think it is "easy" cause of all the experience theyve acquired on youtube.
You couldn't wait to say that to me uh? I drive trails by my house all the time. I literally just started my channel only 3 weeks ago. My plan was to do the vehicle reviews first get them out of the way then slowly add in trails and then off roading. Anytime I get a new vehicle it will be introduced. I'm new to that shit. New to working the camera and recording myself. Those videos where practice to get myself good for the real stuff later on. Plus there are people who actually want to see vehicles reviews. Where are your video's of all your so called hardcore off roading????

And how the Hell do you know what ive done in the past as far as off roading goes? I haven't had my Jeep in anything extreme yet as it's my daily driver and i just got it. But I've had other dedicated off road vehicles like my 1979 short bed Chevy Cheyenne on 38s that I've taking through more hardcore shit then you can dream off. Through most of the coal region stripping pits. Even drove it straight across an entire lake with water pouring in and on the way back and got stuck on an underwater massive rock. My buddies Jeep pulled me out. I've taking them through the slippery wet tight trails of the Northeast ping ponging it off trees and acquired massive amounts of body damage to the point by the time it was time to sell it I only got a thousand bucks for it. Don't tell me. You don't know what I've done.

Years later I've decided to get into more adventure style off roading and exploring. I guess you can say I'm a bit wiser with my more expensive vehicles that cost $45k+ and are my daily drivers.

Last edited:

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna agree to disagree …. Here’s pic from front, you can see to the left that it’s a hump… the rear tire is lower than the sand under the doors, and I don’t think he dug in trying to move…..as for the tracks , this pic could have been taken 5 minutes after and they’d be gone on a windy day, which is all the time, it’s the dunes, lol.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Snapped my axle on my 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon and I need advice! Not Happenin
Almost looks like they backed up on the hump after breaking and rear tire dug in once it bottomed out 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This part. I'm wondering which insurance he has TBH. I'm curious to see what type of coverage would cover damage from "off-roading". Shoots...I want his insurance policy....
Insurance will cover it. As I mentioned I didn’t read the fine print in my younger years with a dodge ram with an off-road package.

I was a novice to wheeling and took it mudding on some old tank trails where I was stationed. I got it hooked up on a log. It started to rain and the mud hole I was in became a pond with my truck in the middle. I left it idling and the transmission breather sucked in a ton of muddy water and it instantly stopped working. My friends pulled me out and I took it to the dealer where I was obviously denied warranty coverage. I argued that the commercials showed it driving off road through streams and mud. They then pulled out the owners manual and showed me the fording depth was something like 8”s which is kind of a joke.

Anyway, I called my insurance company and they said they would cover it. After it came back from the shop I received a letter from my insurance company stating that they were canceling my policy. My fiancé, now my wife, at the time was not very happy with me. They agreed not to drop me if I agreed not to go off roading with the the vehicle, essentially making me state that I would not submit a claim for any future damage.

I learned a lot about off roading that day. In particular you have to pay attention to the details, know what your manual states concerning off road use, what the fine print in the commercials say, and that if you break anything on the trail to definitely not submit an insurance claim.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You couldn't wait to say that to me uh? I drive trails by my house all the time. I literally just started my channel only 3 weeks ago. My plan was to do the vehicle reviews first get them out of the way then slowly add in trails and then off roading. Anytime I get a new vehicle it will be introduced. I'm new to that shit. New to working the camera and recording myself. Those videos where practice to get myself good for the real stuff later on. Plus there are people who actually want to see vehicles reviews. Where are your video's of all your so called hardcore off roading????

And how the Hell do you know what ive done in the past as far as off roading goes? I haven't had my Jeep in anything extreme yet as it's my daily driver and i just got it. But I've had other dedicated off road vehicles like my 1979 short bed Chevy Cheyenne on 38s that I've taking through more hardcore shit then you can dream off. Through most of the coal region stripping pits. Even drove it straight across an entire lake with water pouring in and on the way back and got stuck on an underwater massive rock. My buddies Jeep pulled me out. I've taking them through the slippery wet tight trails of the Northeast ping ponging it off trees and acquired massive amounts of body damage to the point by the time it was time to sell it I only got a thousand bucks for it. Don't tell me. You don't what I've done.

Years later I've decided to get into more adventure style off roading and exploring. I guess you can say I'm a bit wiser with my more expensive vehicles that cost $45k+ and are my daily drivers.
I am sorry if my post was somewhat offensive.

I personally don't do, or claim to do hardcore off-roading. I am still learning and upgrading my Jeep slowly as I go. However, I am blessed to live here out west with easy access to world class wheeling trails. I take advantage of this and go pretty often, more than once a month.

The trails I run I wouldn't classify them as "difficult" although they are classified as moderately difficult to difficult by most apps and the US forest service. For Jeeps, they aren't really all that bad. For drivers, depending on what you drive and your skill, they can be challenging. People often flip their vehicles or get serious body damage on these trails. They're really not that bad, but if you take the wrong line or you can easily end up upside down. In fact a forum member recently flipped his 392 on 37s on an obstacle I did 2 weeks ago with my 2 door sport on 33s.

Offroading is a hobby, a sport, and there is always an inherent risk no matter how capable the vehicle or how easy the trail is. Knowing your limits and the limits of your vehicle are probably the best skills you learn. We've all done stupid shit when we were young, that doesn't mean that makes us more experienced drivers.

I've met many awesome people through offroading who have plenty of experience. Everyone breaks or damages something eventually while offroading. I've seen this happen many times and I haven't seen people cry for "warranty claims". They're somewhat experienced and know there is always a risk and these Jeeps are not bullet proof.

Jeep's commercial shows a realistic view of the capability of the stock Rubicon JL. Sure you can push it even more, but that obstacle is more challenging than the one where the 392 on 37s recently flipped. You take the wrong line over those wet rocks, specially the last ledge, and you can be in trouble really fast. Someone who mocks that video isn't someone with much offroading experience in my opinion.

libis22

First Name
Libin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Daytona 675R, Willys sport XR
Occupation
Electronics engineer building software
I literally can't deal with yall anymore!!! I just can't! This thread got me CRYING!!!! 😂 😂 😂 😂 💀
...ohh super yikes lol!

I hope the OP can get a bit of humor from all these posts. If this happened to me...I think these comments would've put a smile on my face. :)

edit: And I'mma just "drop some knowledge" with this post 😂 :
Jeep should immediately add that branch and tiedown straps to their performance parts 😃

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks that your axle broke. But it always makes me laugh when a vehicle advertised as an off-road capable machine is denied warranty when something happens while off road. It’s like “oh yes this vehicle is made to go off-road, but you can’t go off-road as that will void your warranty” 😂😂😂
The absurdity is quite insane.
I mean all the offroad tires from big tire companies don't give you any warranty despite the fact they are advertised as offroad capable tires. 😂