Sponsored

Help! Snapped my axle on my 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon and I need advice!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Agree they were in the air and broke when it come down, but I think OP drove through the grass behind the Jeep, dropped into the ravine where the Jeep sits now, and it stopped dead. There's no wheel ruts in the sand behind the Jeep, so I think it's a flop and not a pop up the hump.
Gonna agree to disagree ā€¦. Hereā€™s pic from front, you can see to the left that itā€™s a humpā€¦ the rear tire is lower than the sand under the doors, and I donā€™t think he dug in trying to moveā€¦..as for the tracks , this pic could have been taken 5 minutes after and theyā€™d be gone on a windy day, which is all the time, itā€™s the dunes, lol.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Snapped my axle on my 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon and I need advice! 58239952-8B7A-4FDF-897C-2DB86593CE76
Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Gonna agree to disagree ā€¦. Hereā€™s pic from front, you can see to the left that itā€™s a humpā€¦ the rear tire is lower than the sand under the doors, and I donā€™t think he dug in trying to moveā€¦..as for the tracks , this pic could have been taken 5 minutes after and theyā€™d be gone on a windy day, which is all the time, itā€™s the dunes, lol.
58239952-8B7A-4FDF-897C-2DB86593CE76.jpeg
It's def a hump, I just don't know how could OP have gotten enough air to drop that hard at ~20mph but still end up on top of the hump that they launched off of? Unless they sailed it across the ravine and into the hump at way more than 20? I think OP owes us all a video lol.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
OPā€™s ghosted us, with good reason, but ghosted none the lessā€¦..šŸ¤£
Live view of OP rolling out, busted axle up in the air, when the thread took a turn for the worse:

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Snapped my axle on my 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon and I need advice! Jeep Wheelie

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm not surprised they denied warranty claim, I never rely on warranties much for these reasons. Seems like if they can find a way out they will. However, I'm more curious about the insurance covering it part... did you explain where you where and what happened? Was it an OHV park or a state/federal park? I've always been concerned about insurance coverage off road and what would happen if I ever needed it. My agent was less than reassuring when I asked.

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It's def a hump, I just don't know how could OP have gotten enough air to drop that hard at ~20mph but still end up on top of the hump that they launched off of? Unless they sailed it across the ravine and into the hump at way more than 20? I think OP owes us all a video lol.
I think it was dropped from the sky Furious 7 style
Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Snapped my axle on my 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon and I need advice! 1663782459252

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
...However, I'm more curious about the insurance covering it part... did you explain where you where and what happened? Was it an OHV park or a state/federal park? I've always been concerned about insurance coverage off road and what would happen if I ever needed it. My agent was less than reassuring when I asked.
This part. I'm wondering which insurance he has TBH. I'm curious to see what type of coverage would cover damage from "off-roading". Shoots...I want his insurance policy....

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sucks that your axle broke. But it always makes me laugh when a vehicle advertised as an off-road capable machine is denied warranty when something happens while off road. Itā€™s like ā€œoh yes this vehicle is made to go off-road, but you canā€™t go off-road as that will void your warrantyā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
The absurdity is quite insane.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
When the Rubicon came out there was a commercial of a 2door Rubicon climbing a waterfall like it was nothing.

It was real footage of a professional driver. A noob going over that waterfall could easily roll over his stock Jeep. Does that mean Jeep has to cover that under warranty?

That's an absurd claim. It assumes the vehicle capability is all that matters off road and drivers skill is meaningless.

When you are offroading there is a lot of driver skill involved. You need to understand the weaknesses of you as a driver and your vehicle to reduce risk of vehicle damage, total loss, injury or death.

Tire manufacturers sometimes claim to have the best traction on rain or whatever. Then some jackass decides he is the next Michal Schumacher during a rainstorm, slides off the road and totals his car. Is he gonna make a warranty claim to the tire company?

You call that a waterfall? Jesus I was expecting something pretty extreme then I clicked on the video. Yeah I would expect them to cover a broken axle driving over that. Lol. I like how they have the Camera low to the ground to make it look bigger then it really is too. šŸ¤£

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Sucks that your axle broke. But it always makes me laugh when a vehicle advertised as an off-road capable machine is denied warranty when something happens while off road. Itā€™s like ā€œoh yes this vehicle is made to go off-road, but you canā€™t go off-road as that will void your warrantyā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
The absurdity is quite insane.
That's exactly what I'm saying. šŸ’ÆšŸ‘

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You call that a waterfall? Jesus I was expecting something pretty extreme then I clicked on the video. Yeah I would expect them to cover a broken axle driving over that. Lol. I like how they have the Camera low to the ground to make it look bigger then it really is too. šŸ¤£
Lets see next time you post a video of you actually offroading your vehicles instead of comparing mall crawling comforts.

I wanna see you go over rocks with running water and record it. Since it is such an easy obstacle.

Your inexperience shows.

This is why people break shit. They spend hours in Youtube watching litebrite and others doing actual extreme offroading then they go out doing dumbshit. They think it is "easy" cause of all the experience theyve acquired on youtube.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This part. I'm wondering which insurance he has TBH. I'm curious to see what type of coverage would cover damage from "off-roading". Shoots...I want his insurance policy....
Short answer...drag it to pavement before calling the insurance company.
Sponsored