Help - Secure Cargo Cover for JL Rubicon 2 Door

mango315

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler rubicon 2dr
i am planning on going on a road trip this summer with the JL and want something to secure the cargo space to accomplish a few things. I have removed the rear seats so i am assuming i have similar storage to a 4 door with its seats in.

• secure cargo space so I am not worried about people breaking into the softtop
  • be able to use my soft top without worrying about anything in the cargo coming out
  • be hard enough to hold a little weight (40-50 pounds) on top of it for some extra storage
i saw the Tuffy Security Deck for the 4 door that maybe could fit, but seeing if anyone has any other ideas
Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have been keeping an eye out for the same thing. Diabolical Slipstream has not yet been released for the 2 door, although they have indicated the intention to develop one sometime this spring--will run about $700. JeepBackbone says their 4 door version will fit in the the 2 door cargo area...my only objection there is that it is only 30" deep, and the cargo area in the 2 door (without rear seat installed) is about 39-40". It runs about $700 as well, although I think they have run a couple of sales for a couple hundred less once or twice, if I recall correctly.

I am opting to design and fabricate one out of marine grade HDPE and 80/20 aluminum extrusions. Looks like I will have about $350 in materials in it...$200 structure/hardware, $150 in HDPE, and $50 in gaskets and seals. It will handle quite a bit more load than the 40-50 lbs, especially if it crosses over the structure.

I will post some pics when I get around to tackling the project.