Sponsored

Help removing water stains from cloth seats

adhogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to remove water stains from black cloth seats? I went fishing and my shorts were a little damp. The next day I noticed a water stain on the cloth seat. This past weekend I tried Turtle Wax Power Out! Upholstery Cleaner Odor Eliminator and all it did was make a larger darker stain. I found a few videos on youtube but I do not have access to a steam cleaner, I'm mainly looking for a product that works well with some good old fashioned elbow grease.
Sponsored

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I think it really depends on what stained the seat. As in, what in the water caused the stain? Use a product that is designed for what actually caused the stain. Laundry detergent might work great, vinegar might work great, upholstery cleaner might work great. It really depends on what in the water caused the stain.

Last edited:

Robert07

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
To clean water stains on car seats, remove any debris that can hinder your cleaning by vacuuming the interior of your car.
But if your interior is already cleaned and you just want to get rid of a small but noticeable stain from upholstery in car, you can instead vacuum the car seats and the area surrounding it thoroughly.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
To clean water stains on car seats, remove any debris that can hinder your cleaning by vacuuming the interior of your car.
But if your interior is already cleaned and you just want to get rid of a small but noticeable stain from upholstery in car, you can instead vacuum the car seats and the area surrounding it thoroughly.
It's been 4 years. I hope they got the stains out. @adhogg apparently we need an update. ;)

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Momma said; all them stains is ornery because they ain't got no more water on them

If you wet the whole seat uniformly it will look the same color again. Basically need to steam clean it.
Sponsored