First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
You both drive a Rubicon but want easy trails to drive so you can get experience for your son in law. I understand that you guys never Rock Crawled and are worried. You both have a vehicle that surpasses your ability to drive them. That Rubicon is going to surprise you with what it can do. Finns and Hell's Revenge are easy trails but i would not call them rock crawling trails. They are full of sandstone water falls and smooth fins. stay off the optional obstacles on Hells like the Escalator, Hells Gate and the Hot Tubs and you will be fine. The only rock crawling part of hells is on the way out if you run the full trail. most people take the easy route back to the trail head. If you want quality experience with Rock crawling then Hire a guide from one of the outfitters in town who can show you how to use your Rubicon for what it was built to do. They can take you on a BOH trail and provide spotting, knowledge and advice on running your rig safely. Once you do a day with them, you will have more confidence and be able to hit other trails knowing much more.
what do those guys usually charge, do you know? That’s a fantastic idea, I’m glad I found this post
Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
what do those guys usually charge, do you know? That’s a fantastic idea, I’m glad I found this post
They are Pricey but your getting a huge amount of knowledge and experience. The Rubicon is an expensive investment and if not handled right, could be even more expensive. You can rent a jeep or rent a jeep and a guide or use your own jeep and rent the guide(who will drive one of the outfitters jeeps). I hired a guide from Outlaw jeeps and drove my own rig. Half day was about $350 and Full Day was about $600. You can pick what trail or trails you want to hit. The Guide usually guides a party of 3 jeeps or less so if you have two more rigs going with you then you can split that cost. I hired a guide when I had no one else to go with and I wanted to do a more difficult trail.

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
They are Pricey but your getting a huge amount of knowledge and experience. The Rubicon is an expensive investment and if not handled right, could be even more expensive. You can rent a jeep or rent a jeep and a guide or use your own jeep and rent the guide(who will drive one of the outfitters jeeps). I hired a guide from Outlaw jeeps and drove my own rig. Half day was about $350 and Full Day was about $600. You can pick what trail or trails you want to hit. The Guide usually guides a party of 3 jeeps or less so if you have two more rigs going with you then you can split that cost. I hired a guide when I had no one else to go with and I wanted to do a more difficult trail.
Awesome thanks so much. Well worth the price it seems I’ve got a 21 JLUR and would def love a guide like that.
Sponsored