Help Ordering 2019 - General Questions On Factory Order - 1st Time Buyer

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Columbus104....thank you for the not only the quick reply, but the great detail you provided. I should have done more homework on this forum before I ordered. I did just now sign up for the Affiliate Rewards program. My company (IBM) is one of the participating companies and I was able to generate a Control #. So, at the very least it appears, I can at still obtain 1% off of the FWP ? I would like to stay with the vehicle on order I currently have, as I placed it on 9/13/2018 (I'm in D1 status, with no estimated ship date yet). I doubt my deposit is refundable. I'm guessing at this point, it will fall to the dealer to grant me the additional 1% off FWP and consider any further price negotiations. Thank you for your time mate !
No problem! The dealership should at least give you the 1% off FWP with no problem. And honestly that's not a bad deal. While we hear stories on here about people getting 6, 7, or 8% below FWP, remember that those are the extreme examples. I guarantee if you somehow obtained a bell graph of all Wrangler sales as a % of MSRP, your 1% below FWP would easily be in the lower half of prices paid. So rest assured that you got a pretty good deal on an awesome vehicle. And by ordering it, you got to build it exactly as you wanted (which makes it even cooler). Enjoy your new toy!
Sponsored

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
No problem! The dealership should at least give you the 1% off FWP with no problem. And honestly that's not a bad deal. While we hear stories on here about people getting 6, 7, or 8% below FWP, remember that those are the extreme examples. I guarantee if you somehow obtained a bell graph of all Wrangler sales as a % of MSRP, your 1% below FWP would easily be in the lower half of prices paid. So rest assured that you got a pretty good deal on an awesome vehicle. And by ordering it, you got to build it exactly as you wanted (which makes it even cooler). Enjoy your new toy!
Thanx again...super appreciated. Pretty cool that there are people like you to help so many others out. I think I saw where u moved my post...probably where I should have put it initially...thank you. Do you think I should get my butt into the dealership right away with this 1% off, so I don't hamstring them at the last minute ? I do want to keep a good relationship with them. Also, it does give me a better feeling that I received a good deal and with another $450 off 1%), that always helps Yes, being able to order a brand new vehicle the way I want it is sooooo very cool ! :)

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanx again...super appreciated. Pretty cool that there are people like you to help so many others out. I think I saw where u moved my post...probably where I should have put it initially...thank you. Do you think I should get my butt into the dealership right away with this 1% off, so I don't hamstring them at the last minute ? I do want to keep a good relationship with them. Also, it does give me a better feeling that I received a good deal and with another $450 off 1%), that always helps Yes, being able to order a brand new vehicle the way I want it is sooooo very cool ! :)
It's probably not a bad idea to notify the dealer before the Jeep arrives. It's not like drop-everything-and-go-now urgent, but whenever you have some free time you can let them know. If you have an email address for your salesperson, it would probably be fine to just take a screenshot and of your AR certificate number and send it to him/her. I can't imagine they'll fight you on the 1% off at all, because FCA actually reimburses dealerships for this amount (so it doesn't really cost the dealership anything at all).

One other thing to think about now is to prearrange financing (unless you're paying cash, obviously). Because Wranglers sell so well, FCA does not subsidize the financing like pretty much any other car on the road (you can see this on Jeep.com where the Cherokee is getting 60-months w 0% interest and there's no financing deals on the Wrangler). Most people are able to get a better interest rate from a local credit union. So once you see your Jeep go into production, may be a good idea to start shopping around for a loan.

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired IBM
It's probably not a bad idea to notify the dealer before the Jeep arrives. It's not like drop-everything-and-go-now urgent, but whenever you have some free time you can let them know. If you have an email address for your salesperson, it would probably be fine to just take a screenshot and of your AR certificate number and send it to him/her. I can't imagine they'll fight you on the 1% off at all, because FCA actually reimburses dealerships for this amount (so it doesn't really cost the dealership anything at all).

One other thing to think about now is to prearrange financing (unless you're paying cash, obviously). Because Wranglers sell so well, FCA does not subsidize the financing like pretty much any other car on the road (you can see this on Jeep.com where the Cherokee is getting 60-months w 0% interest and there's no financing deals on the Wrangler). Most people are able to get a better interest rate from a local credit union. So once you see your Jeep go into production, may be a good idea to start shopping around for a loan.
Perfect, I do have our credit union and State Farm working on quotes for the new Jeep also...great advice. Hey, one thing that I'm a bit perplexed over....on my POC sheet, the base MSRP price is listed as $38,395 (FWP is $36,679)....is the correct MSRP base price for the 2019 Sahara (versus whatever the base price was for the 2018) ? Maybe I should post my POC sheet for you (minus my name, address, dealership info, etc) ?

Reason I ask is the POC MSRP-$47,430/FWP-$44,899 totals (they both include all options and Destination fees) are different from a worksheet the dealer gave me, which is $46,679 (this figure is called "Market Selling Price"). The worksheet figure gets the dealer options (wheel locks, tint, etc), admin charge, tax, non tax fee, added to it for a total of $49,285, which is supposedly my balance. I understand the cost of the dealer options and the taxes, etc, getting added in. I just don't get the difference in the FWP total ($44,899) and the first entry on the worksheet ($46,679). That's why I was asking about the base price...maybe it went up and the dealer failed to list the correct base price on the POC ?

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect, I do have our credit union and State Farm working on quotes for the new Jeep also...great advice. Hey, one thing that I'm a bit perplexed over....on my POC sheet, the base MSRP price is listed as $38,395 (FWP is $36,679)....is the correct MSRP base price for the 2019 Sahara (versus whatever the base price was for the 2018) ? Maybe I should post my POC sheet for you (minus my name, address, dealership info, etc) ?

Reason I ask is the POC MSRP-$47,430/FWP-$44,899 totals (they both include all options and Destination fees) are different from a worksheet the dealer gave me, which is $46,679 (this figure is called "Market Selling Price"). The worksheet figure gets the dealer options (wheel locks, tint, etc), admin charge, tax, non tax fee, added to it for a total of $49,285, which is supposedly my balance. I understand the cost of the dealer options and the taxes, etc, getting added in. I just don't get the difference in the FWP total ($44,899) and the first entry on the worksheet ($46,679). That's why I was asking about the base price...maybe it went up and the dealer failed to list the correct base price on the POC ?
I’m happy to take a look at it. But I recommend sending it to me in a Private Message instead of posting it publicly on here.

I’m heading to a work dinner, so if you send it over I’ll take a look tomorrow.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Any suggestions for me on any further negotiation on purchasing price ? I have already placed my order for a 2019 Sahara with my local dealer. I was given "FWP" pricing. The MSRP is $47,430 (with my options and destination charge added in) and the FWP is $44,899 (with my options and destination charge added in). I gave them a deposit of $2000. May be too late, but I thought I'd check to determine how much leeway I might still have. Thanx mates.
I thought you don't need to give them a $2K deposit on a special order . Did you sign anything ?

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired IBM
I’m happy to take a look at it. But I recommend sending it to me in a Private Message instead of posting it publicly on here.

I’m heading to a work dinner, so if you send it over I’ll take a look tomorrow.
Righto, I'll send it to you to take a gander at. Thanx again Mate !

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired IBM
I thought you don't need to give them a $2K deposit on a special order . Did you sign anything ?
When I first spoke with the salesman, he said a $500 deposit was all they needed. After we made out the order for the vehicle, he said his GM needed a $2000 deposit because I ordered tan leather seats. I did sign the worksheet. At the bottom where I signed, it says " Customer approval __________". The worksheet has no wording on it regarding commitment, deposit, refund, acceptance, etc. The worksheet looks like one made up by the dealership, since it has their logo and name on the top middle of it.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
When I first spoke with the salesman, he said a $500 deposit was all they needed. After we made out the order for the vehicle, he said his GM needed a $2000 deposit because I ordered tan leather seats. I did sign the worksheet. At the bottom where I signed, it says " Customer approval __________". The worksheet has no wording on it regarding commitment, deposit, refund, acceptance, etc. The worksheet looks like one made up by the dealership, since it has their logo and name on the top middle of it.
Be extra careful about anything you sign in the future , until you have test driven and inspected your order .

I don't understand how the salesman's quote of a $ 500. deposit was raised to $ 2,000 .? Your state law may address whether it is refundable or not ?

There was a guy on here who was talked into an actual down payment before the Jeep was delivered , and he thought he had already bought it , but he had not signed any contract yet , so he had not actually bought it . He wanted to change from an automatic to a manual , and he was trying to sell the automatic thinking he already owned it .

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired IBM
Be extra careful about anything you sign in the future , until you have test driven and inspected your order .
Excellent advice...thanx old89tora ! I do plan a decent length of time at the dealership once it arrives. I have the sheet that someone created to use to go over the vehicle, including the welds. My dealership said they would put my vehicle on a lift for me to inspect it also. Once I've finished my inspection and have driven it, then we can get to signing the documentation. Of course, they'll send me to the warranty guy and I'll hafta deal with him also. Thank you again !

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Excellent advice...thanx old89tora ! I do plan a decent length of time at the dealership once it arrives. I have the sheet that someone created to use to go over the vehicle, including the welds. My dealership said they would put my vehicle on a lift for me to inspect it also. Once I've finished my inspection and have driven it, then we can get to signing the documentation. Of course, they'll send me to the warranty guy and I'll hafta deal with him also. Thank you again !
You get a factory warranty with the Jeep , and you can think about getting an extended warranty during the first 2 1/2 years or so . You don't need to buy anything additional at time of purchase . You will need a steering system test drive , also .

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
Columbus104....thank you for the not only the quick reply, but the great detail you provided. I should have done more homework on this forum before I ordered. I did just now sign up for the Affiliate Rewards program. My company (IBM) is one of the participating companies and I was able to generate a Control #. So, at the very least it appears, I can at still obtain 1% off of the FWP ? I would like to stay with the vehicle on order I currently have, as I placed it on 9/13/2018 (I'm in D1 status, with no estimated ship date yet). I doubt my deposit is refundable. I'm guessing at this point, it will fall to the dealer to grant me the additional 1% off FWP and consider any further price negotiations. Thank you for your time mate !
Jeep likely have not started on your order. You should ask your dealer about wanting to cancel and if they will refund the deposit? No harm in asking.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'd have a competitive quote in hand before contacting them, so the conversation can go,
"Is me deposit refundable?"
"Yes"
"Righto, mate. I have a quote 'ere that's several quid lower than yours. If you can't match it, I'd like to cancel me order."

If they say it's not refundable, your credit card company might assist.
Sponsored