Help on “OEM” front Bumper

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
That's a lot of driving for a used piece of gear. I would price out what you want and wait for a sale to come up. The factory bumper is at least safe. I didn't like that winch plate for the stock bumper. Save up a little more and get exactly what you want.
Sponsored

eugeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I would either be patient and wait for a take-off set to buy locally or bite the bullet and buy a new one online.

The skid plate will require 4 rivnuts P/N 06511076AA, since most used take-off sets do not include that. Be sure it also includes the brackets.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Agree with previous posts - wait for a take-off Rubicon steel bumper. I ran the plastic front bumper for a while and finally scored a good deal on eBay. I looked at a lot of aftermarket offerings but just think the OEM bumper looks best and it’s winch-capable too. As mentioned you have to add the brackets but it’s easy and there are various kits you can buy to do the job.

B0BD1420-6D52-4B56-B275-61423D40514C.jpeg

OP
OP
Silly_Syko

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
That's a lot of driving for a used piece of gear. I would price out what you want and wait for a sale to come up. The factory bumper is at least safe. I didn't like that winch plate for the stock bumper. Save up a little more and get exactly what you want.
It is definely a lot of driving for sure, I'm still on fence if I'm being honest. The person is selling it from a shop, the bumper and skid look basically brand new which is why I am so tempted.

OP
OP
Silly_Syko

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
I would either be patient and wait for a take-off set to buy locally or bite the bullet and buy a new one online.

The skid plate will require 4 rivnuts P/N 06511076AA, since most used take-off sets do not include that. Be sure it also includes the brackets.
The Rive nuts just sit in the frame for the bolts to into, right? The set he is selling includes the full bumper(minus lights), skid plate, brackets, and possibly bolts for the skid plate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Silly_Syko

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
Agree with previous posts - wait for a take-off Rubicon steel bumper. I ran the plastic front bumper for a while and finally scored a good deal on eBay. I looked at a lot of aftermarket offerings but just think the OEM bumper looks best and it’s winch-capable too. As mentioned you have to add the brackets but it’s easy and there are various kits you can buy to do the job.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help on “OEM” front Bumper B0BD1420-6D52-4B56-B275-61423D40514C
I agree, I am more of an OEM person myself. What would you consider a good deal for a front bumper?

eugeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The Rive nuts just sit in the frame for the bolts to into, right? The set he is selling includes the full bumper(minus lights), skid plate, brackets, and possibly bolts for the skid plate.

Correct. the rivnuts are the threads that the bolt will bite onto when attaching the bracket for the skid plate to the frame. The rivnuts are permanent and do not come out once installed to the frame.

2 of those rivnuts are also used for the steel rear bumper installation.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help on “OEM” front Bumper 1648337769941

OP
OP
Silly_Syko

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
Correct. the rivnuts are the threads that the bolt will bite onto when attaching the bracket for the skid plate to the frame. The rivnuts are permanent and do not come out once installed to the frame.

2 of those rivnuts are also used for the steel rear bumper installation.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help on “OEM” front Bumper 1648337769941
This doesn't require a special one off tool, right?

eugeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
This doesn't require a special one off tool, right?
Nope. I just put the bolt into the rivnut which was in the frame, gave it a few cranks to get the metal on the rivnut to deform and backed the bolt out. You know its on when the rivnut doesnt fall out.

OP
OP
Silly_Syko

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
Nope. I just put the bolt into the rivnut which was in the frame, gave it a few cranks to get the metal on the rivnut to deform and backed the bolt out. You know its on when the rivnut doesnt fall out.
That doesn't sound too bad. So basically I would be in 700 dollars, 20 for the rivenuts, 22 dollars for amazon light bracket adaptors, basically a day of driving, and whatever the gas cost would be which I would assume be a full tank there and back (its 350 miles from me and Im not sure how much my XR gets for MPG yet).

Sponsored

eugeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
That doesn't sound too bad. So basically I would be in 700 dollars, 20 for the rivenuts, 22 dollars for amazon light bracket adaptors, basically a day of driving, and whatever the gas cost would be which I would assume be a full tank there and back (its 350 miles from me and Im not sure how much my XR gets for MPG yet).
There is also an optional plastic close out panel between the bumper and the front grille. My take-off set did not come with it and it was $45 at the dealer. P/N 6BU43RXFAB. Dont bother if you ever plan on getting a winch though since it gets thrown away.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I agree, I am more of an OEM person myself. What would you consider a good deal for a front bumper?
It varies depending on what’s included in the deal (e.g. steel skid plate, fogs, plastic close out panel, brackets, etc.) I would also ask if the wiring harness is included as some remove it to use in their aftermarket bumpers. I paid $650 for mine (no fogs or skid plate). I had aftermarket fogs already and bought a skid plate on eBay. The best deals are found on this forum.

OP
OP
Silly_Syko

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
There is also an optional plastic close out panel between the bumper and the front grille. My take-off set did not come with it and it was $45 at the dealer. P/N 6BU43RXFAB. Dont bother if you ever plan on getting a winch though since it gets thrown away.
It comes with the long filler piece also, I think my rubicon has it on it too either. I will be going to a winch eventually.

OP
OP
Silly_Syko

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
It varies depending on what’s included in the deal (e.g. steel skid plate, fogs, plastic close out panel, brackets, etc.) I would also ask if the wiring harness is included as some remove it to use in their aftermarket bumpers. I paid $650 for mine (no fogs or skid plate). I had aftermarket fogs already and bought a skid plate on eBay. The best deals are found on this forum.
This one doesn’t come with fogs but I already have led fogs but I should be able to transplant mine over with the harness, I saw copy cat oracle brackets for 22 dollars on Amazon. The only thing this one would need possible some bolts and rivenuts. I agree there are good deals on this forum, I’m between Chicago and Milwaukee so it is Jeep country up here but these dang bumpers are not showing up here, been kind of hunting off and on since I ordered the Jeep and not really anything showed up.