Help needed!! Dash lights won't turn off

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saburu, honda, Wrangler (first one)
Car is off, lights are off, in park, brake on and the dash lights will not turn off. All dimmers are off. Called jeep and they said they'll send roadside help tomorrow when it won't start. Help
Sponsored

OP
OP
flipper

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disconnect the battery
done. Hope I don't have to do this every night. It's very cold so maybe it's a computer thing but it's only got 2k miles on it

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
How long do the dash lights stay on? Mine usually stay on for about 30-40 seconds after I shut my jeep off until the computer goes to sleep

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the dash lights stay on for at least 30 seconds, possibly 60 seconds after you exit the vehicle.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Turn it off, get out, lock the doors. Toss the keys in the house. Stare through the window at the dash. You’ll feel better.

OP
OP
flipper

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try reconnecting? Maybe it just needed a reset
Dash lights stayed on for over 15 mins (until I disconnected the battery). It hasn't happened since. My guess is it DID need to be "reset". Hope it doesn't happen again but if it does I'd like to hear other ways of "resetting"

OP
OP
flipper

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turn it off, get out, lock the doors. Toss the keys in the house. Stare through the window at the dash. You’ll feel better.
Thanks for the help

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Dash lights stayed on for over 15 mins (until I disconnected the battery). It hasn't happened since. My guess is it DID need to be "reset". Hope it doesn't happen again but if it does I'd like to hear other ways of "resetting"
Happened to me a few weeks ago and this afternoon. Both the times it happened in my home's garage. I opened the passenger door for a few seconds, shut it and locked. It shut off after a few seconds. Unlocked it, it turned on again but shut off again after 30 seconds or so as it should. It has been behaving since as I took it out again after a few hours.

Could it be possible the computer remains turned on sometimes for some routine tasks and hence the instrument and parking gear lights?

Kokopelli40

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JLU
Maybe this is same situation. Note transfer case in neautral, transmission in park, dash lights stay on, Transfer case in 2 wheel hi tansmission in Park lights go out.
Any new suggestions would be appreciated

JayEggleton

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jeep wrangler
Car is off, lights are off, in park, brake on and the dash lights will not turn off. All dimmers are off. Called jeep and they said they'll send roadside help tomorrow when it won't start. Help
Have you found a fix for this? My 2016 is doing this. It seems to happen every 3 to 5 days.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
My 20 jl just started do this noticed it tonight wait to pick up our son. Maybe this is what caused both my batteries to die the other day. Going to try the reset when I get home.

9809ADD2-7EB6-4FE9-A27C-8E8E07BB453C.jpeg

MsToots143

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited
My 20 jl just started do this noticed it tonight wait to pick up our son. Maybe this is what caused both my batteries to die the other day. Going to try the reset when I get home.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help needed!! Dash lights won't turn off 9809ADD2-7EB6-4FE9-A27C-8E8E07BB453C
Did you figure it out? I’ve been getting random “accessories not available” something about the battery the last month or so, just noticed tonight that the dash lights didn’t go off. Waiting to see if I get the accessories warning again in the morning.
Sponsored