First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Small Business Owner
...he’s probably already deleted his account here.
According to his profile, he's been around as recently as this morning. Apparently he is ignoring this thread.
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
According to his profile, he's been around as recently as this morning. Apparently he is ignoring this thread.
or he is not responding because he doesn't want to write anything that would incriminate himself if his wife finds this post.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Funny, my wife was the complete opposite. I always wanted a TJ as a toy to go along with my sporty cars (WRX most recently). He always hated the idea and said how terrible the ride would be, etc.

We finally test drove one around Thanksgiving and she said "wow, this is actually pretty nice". Needless to say, we ordered my JLU Sport Altitude and since it arrived in March we go for a ride almost every nice day. It helps that our senior dog (who loved car rides until a stint in the ICU in October) absolutely LOVES it.

Obviously can't help with footwell space, but I added a few little things for her that made it more comfortable for her. Got her some Sahara take off running boards, the little storage pocket for the grab bar, a hat she can keep in the Jeep, and just ordered some grab handles to make it easier for her to get in.

If there are any complaints she has, I'd bet there is an accessory to make it less of a frustration! Dog tax of our perfect angel

20210410_181801.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
or he is not responding because he doesn't want to write anything that would incriminate himself if his wife finds this post.
Or she already found this thread and the OP is now lying in a ditch... 😫

Sponsored

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
Well, you did ask on a forum specifically for Jeep lovers.... not sure what you expected but likely some reasurance for the path you'll likely head down. You bought it for you and it suits multiple needs. It doesn't have to be the perfect vehicle for all purposes and you have multiple vehicles. Marriage is about compromise; sounds like someone might need a reminder. I hope it gets better - but don't give up something you love when there are alternate methods of transport in the household.

Acf130

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Well, you did ask on a forum specifically for Jeep lovers.... not sure what you expected but likely some reasurance for the path you'll likely head down. You bought it for you and it suits multiple needs. It doesn't have to be the perfect vehicle for all purposes and you have multiple vehicles. Marriage is about compromise; sounds like someone might need a reminder. I hope it gets better - but don't give up something you love when there are alternate methods of transport in the household.
Wise words. I love my jeep but my wife hates it. It’s uncomfortable, hard to get in and out of, throws her around when I hit a bump, doesn’t get the allure of off-roading or the culture, the list goes on. BUT she knows it makes me happy. Compromises indeed…

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
My wife and I buy what we want. She’s not a big fan of the Jeep. I really don’t like the 30 way adjustable space ship seats in her Navigator.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
My wife won't even drive my Jeep, but if I mention I'm thinking about going for a ride, she's there in a second. Works out great.

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
So my wife's dream car has always been a Corvette. We got a smoking deal on one 2yrs ago when they were trying to clear the lot for the new '20 model. So loves it. takes the top off whenever she can and makes excuses to run errands.

Now fast forward 1yr and I get my dream car, a Jeep Wrangler Willys. Got a great deal during the first month of covid. Guess which one she drives the most now?! She loves the SunRider top I added. Just pull on two handles and back it goes. She likes the ride height and the bounciness of it. Says it's fun! I took her on some trails a few times and she realized it can go places her Corvette will never go. So now we go camping every couple months and she's begging me to put a rack and awning on top and wants a teardrop trailer to pull. Who knew?!

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! My wife HATES my new Jeep! 20210410_181801

Hmm equally tough call, both are very nice rides!!!

Sponsored

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
Favorite Movie...

Tht being said. My GF threw a fit that I spent as much money as I did on mine. Im not very responsive to aggressive women. I just kindly let her know I would definitely miss her sandwiches.

Honestly I'm not married (anymore) and I don't have to justify any purchases I make to anyone. Except maybe state of Missouri for sales tax and personal property taxes. No regrets and luv the JLUR XR. I feel phat behind the wheel.

I do need a nerf to help me get in or I will be buying new jeans soon. :)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I’m just gonna say it. Many women don’t want their men in Jeeps because Jeeps get attention. Rugged guys who like to have fun (or at least project that image) drive them. It’s the same reason women like to drive them, the image an attention they get. That’s why so many guys on this site either lost the Jeep they bought to their wife, or buy one for their wife while they drive a generic car or wind up with a wife who’s pissed off every time she sees it.

The same could be said for other impractical vehicles that aren’t super safe and/or family friendly. Muscle cars, sports cars, some trucks and motorcycles.

This isn’t always the rule. There are a lot of cool women out there into jeeps, motorcycles, trucks and fast cars. And I’ve known a few opposite couples. She always wants to drive the statement car while he wants a nice practical sedan.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Funny, my wife was the complete opposite. I always wanted a TJ as a toy to go along with my sporty cars (WRX most recently). He always hated the idea and said how terrible the ride would be, etc.

We finally test drove one around Thanksgiving and she said "wow, this is actually pretty nice". Needless to say, we ordered my JLU Sport Altitude and since it arrived in March we go for a ride almost every nice day. It helps that our senior dog (who loved car rides until a stint in the ICU in October) absolutely LOVES it.

Obviously can't help with footwell space, but I added a few little things for her that made it more comfortable for her. Got her some Sahara take off running boards, the little storage pocket for the grab bar, a hat she can keep in the Jeep, and just ordered some grab handles to make it easier for her to get in.

If there are any complaints she has, I'd bet there is an accessory to make it less of a frustration! Dog tax of our perfect angel

Your wife has some hairy legs!

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I’m just gonna say it. Many women don’t want their men in Jeeps because Jeeps get attention. Rugged guys who like to have fun (or at least project that image) drive them. It’s the same reason women like to drive them, the image an attention they get. That’s why so many guys on this site either lost the Jeep they bought to their wife, or buy one for their wife while they drive a generic car or wind up with a wife who’s pissed off every time she sees it.

The same could be said for other impractical vehicles that aren’t super safe and/or family friendly. Muscle cars, sports cars, some trucks and motorcycles.

This isn’t always the rule. There are a lot of cool women out there into jeeps, motorcycles, trucks and fast cars. And I’ve known a few opposite couples. She always wants to drive the statement car while he wants a nice practical sedan.
Or….a Jeep gives off a “fun” image, and a lot of wives don’t want their spouses to have “fun” due to insecurities they have themselves.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Lateral leg room is about the only place a tj felt roomier, thinner door panels and smaller center console/trans tunnel. Take the doors off and there’s plenty of leg room. Fortunately the wife loves the Jeep, road trips, wheeling, camping, and generally getting out away from civilization. I’ve never owned half doors, but I’d assume they are thinner without the window mechanism inside? Maybe that would free up some space without going doorless?
Sponsored