Help! My wife HATES my new Jeep!

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
Does she have the same issue when driving it? I have a jlu and noticed today my shoulders rub the B pillar if I sit in the passenger seat with the seat all the way back.
Sponsored

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As someone that's 6 foot 7, tell her she's a princess if she thinks a jl doesn't have enough space.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
When I met my future wife years ago she was driving a rather bare and stock TJ. I'm talking no AC, soft top, and zipper half door windows. She was at the end of her line without AC so we traded cars for the summer and I was hooked. First Jeep, first manual transmission. Four months later she wanted to sell it for a regular car and since I was broke, off it went.

Twenty years later I finally bought my first Jeep, custom ordered, a 21 JLUR. As much as I wanted the 2 door I have kids and this needed to be a daily driver and 2nd as my off-road play toy. My wife hates it as much as I love it. There is zero room in the driver and passenger seats. It's so boxed in. Neither of us remember her old TJ being so tight. I know this isn't a Cadillac or fancy sports car but good grief Jeep didn't give us much room, especially in the foot well. She doesn't ever want to ride in the Jeep and complains like crazy when she has to.

Are there others out there with spouses who hate as much as you love your rig? Am I crazy or is there just not a lot of room?
Way more room in my JL than my TJ.

Sponsored

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I have the opposite problem actually. My wife loves the jeep. Every mod I get she loves. Pushes bigger tires, lift etc. I believe she would be the happiest if I turned it into a full blown monster truck. 2 issues with that. First is that she wants one for herself, and I really don't want to drop another 40k+ on a second jeep. Second is that I have no willpower when it comes to my jeep, and her encouragement means I get every mod I want and spend far too much money on it.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
So my wife's dream car has always been a Corvette. We got a smoking deal on one 2yrs ago when they were trying to clear the lot for the new '20 model. So loves it. takes the top off whenever she can and makes excuses to run errands.

Now fast forward 1yr and I get my dream car, a Jeep Wrangler Willys. Got a great deal during the first month of covid. Guess which one she drives the most now?! She loves the SunRider top I added. Just pull on two handles and back it goes. She likes the ride height and the bounciness of it. Says it's fun! I took her on some trails a few times and she realized it can go places her Corvette will never go. So now we go camping every couple months and she's begging me to put a rack and awning on top and wants a teardrop trailer to pull. Who knew?!

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! My wife HATES my new Jeep! 1619928432423

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! My wife HATES my new Jeep! 1619928620856

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately sounds like you'll need to trade it in.

Hopefully the new wife likes jeeps more.

(Shamelessly stolen from someone in another thread and for the life of me I can't find it, but it was hilarious and deserves new life here)
A trade in seems inevitable I’m afraid.

On the plus side a younger wife will have a stronger back and is less likely to complain...
Maybe this is the one you were thinking of?🤣

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Hmm. Having owned so many cars/trucks/motorcycles in my life, including sports/muscle cars…I don’t feel that it’s tight at 5’11” 215 lbs. It’s certainly not the tightest cockpit I’ve owned so I guess it’s just a matter of perspective of what you expect from a vehicle. You need to be “attached” with this vehicle navigating tight trails and obstacles.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
My wife steals mine. She makes me take the top and doors (front) off. Now both the car seats are in there.
Yesterday was my 9 month old’s first Jeep ride. We had the rear Windows out and the front doors off. He was back there laughing and cackling the whole trip.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My wife loves our Jeeps (JKUR and JLUR), both manual transmissions. Both are manual transmissions. She especially loves the JL with the top down and tube doors on it.

But she has zero interest in going off-road.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So my wife's dream car has always been a Corvette. We got a smoking deal on one 2yrs ago when they were trying to clear the lot for the new '20 model. So loves it. takes the top off whenever she can and makes excuses to run errands.

Now fast forward 1yr and I get my dream car, a Jeep Wrangler Willys. Got a great deal during the first month of covid. Guess which one she drives the most now?! She loves the SunRider top I added. Just pull on two handles and back it goes. She likes the ride height and the bounciness of it. Says it's fun! I took her on some trails a few times and she realized it can go places her Corvette will never go. So now we go camping every couple months and she's begging me to put a rack and awning on top and wants a teardrop trailer to pull. Who knew?!

If my wife had that Vette, I'd have no problem trading keys with her from time to time!
Sponsored