First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
As long as you are happy.
I got my wife a brand new 2021 RDX.
Guess what she is happy and I will be happy when my 2021 Rubi gets delivered.
Then she will hate me again.
Why?
New jeep means a lot of time on new mods.

You can not make them happy all the time!
Jeep is an addiction.
one that puts a smile on your face every time you drive it.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My wife hates our Jeep too, because she doesn't know how to drive a standard.
My wife enjoys driving my Jeep *because* it’s a manual. That said, she will not go in it if the doors are off or the top is all the way off. “My hair! People can see me!” 🤷‍♂️ That said, she’s happy it makes me happy and so that’s that. We take her Yukon if my Jeep is naked.

Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I have a TJ and wife just got a JLU. Immediately lifted if and put 37's just so she wasn't smaller than the TJ. She loves it and it's her daily driver. Interior and ride is absolutely no comparison to the TJ. The JLU easily does 75 comfortably down the highway. The TJ is not fun above 60.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
When I bought the jeep my wife had a complete meltdown. She refused to look at it or put her name on the title. She has ridden in the jeep a few times on the road but refuses to even talk about going off road. Honestly I didn't buy it for her. After a year she accepts the fact that the jeep is my vehicle and has made peace with it. I don't regret for a second getting the jeep.

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Take off the top, remove the doors and hit the road, you now cannot hear her whining. If she then refuses to go along for the ride, then no more concern of having room in the jeep!

WaX

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
When I met my future wife years ago she was driving a rather bare and stock TJ. I'm talking no AC, soft top, and zipper half door windows. She was at the end of her line without AC so we traded cars for the summer and I was hooked. First Jeep, first manual transmission. Four months later she wanted to sell it for a regular car and since I was broke, off it went.

Twenty years later I finally bought my first Jeep, custom ordered, a 21 JLUR. As much as I wanted the 2 door I have kids and this needed to be a daily driver and 2nd as my off-road play toy. My wife hates it as much as I love it. There is zero room in the driver and passenger seats. It's so boxed in. Neither of us remember her old TJ being so tight. I know this isn't a Cadillac or fancy sports car but good grief Jeep didn't give us much room, especially in the foot well. She doesn't ever want to ride in the Jeep and complains like crazy when she has to.

Are there others out there with spouses who hate as much as you love your rig? Am I crazy or is there just not a lot of room?
Mine bitches just as much. I just tune her out. Makes for an interesting ride sometimes

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
My wife didn't like my Jeep until I put side steps on. Once she is in it, she if fine. Not sure of any mods out there to make it roomier though.

Sponsored

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I bought my Jeep becasue we were given one as a rental in NY - and we both loved it so much (A big part of that is the experience up-state though too in it, going hiking, to the lakes) that I bought one within days of coming back to Canada.

Jeep actually enhanced out relationship.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
When I bought the jeep my wife had a complete meltdown. She refused to look at it or put her name on the title. She has ridden in the jeep a few times on the road but refuses to even talk about going off road. Honestly I didn't buy it for her. After a year she accepts the fact that the jeep is my vehicle and has made peace with it. I don't regret for a second getting the jeep.
It seems to be a theme here that wives are usually the one who are sporting extreme vitriol for the Jeep. I’m just curious where this is coming from? Because in my circles, people are either indifferent or seems to absolutely love the Jeep, many tell me it’s their dream car, and that the only thing keeping them away is possibly the price.

A mental meltdown? Jesus. I mean, there are so many things in life that could be much worse. Sometimes, you just got to step back and look at life in the big picture.
Sponsored