Help! My wife HATES my new Jeep!

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
When I met my future wife years ago she was driving a rather bare and stock TJ. I'm talking no AC, soft top, and zipper half door windows. She was at the end of her line without AC so we traded cars for the summer and I was hooked. First Jeep, first manual transmission. Four months later she wanted to sell it for a regular car and since I was broke, off it went.

Twenty years later I finally bought my first Jeep, custom ordered, a 21 JLUR. As much as I wanted the 2 door I have kids and this needed to be a daily driver and 2nd as my off-road play toy. My wife hates it as much as I love it. There is zero room in the driver and passenger seats. It's so boxed in. Neither of us remember her old TJ being so tight. I know this isn't a Cadillac or fancy sports car but good grief Jeep didn't give us much room, especially in the foot well. She doesn't ever want to ride in the Jeep and complains like crazy when she has to.

Are there others out there with spouses who hate as much as you love your rig? Am I crazy or is there just not a lot of room?
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I hated jeeps. My daughter wanted one, and both my wife and I told her it would be a mistake.

To prove the point, we rented one for the weekend.

During our first trip Saturday my wife started complementing the jeep...and I started to agree.

On Monday we bought 2 jeeps. One for my daughter off the lot, and the other a custom build that was mine.

So..no. my family actually loves jeeps now.

Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
When I met my future wife years ago she was driving a rather bare and stock TJ. I'm talking no AC, soft top, and zipper half door windows. She was at the end of her line without AC so we traded cars for the summer and I was hooked. First Jeep, first manual transmission. Four months later she wanted to sell it for a regular car and since I was broke, off it went.

Twenty years later I finally bought my first Jeep, custom ordered, a 21 JLUR. As much as I wanted the 2 door I have kids and this needed to be a daily driver and 2nd as my off-road play toy. My wife hates it as much as I love it. There is zero room in the driver and passenger seats. It's so boxed in. Neither of us remember her old TJ being so tight. I know this isn't a Cadillac or fancy sports car but good grief Jeep didn't give us much room, especially in the foot well. She doesn't ever want to ride in the Jeep and complains like crazy when she has to.

Are there others out there with spouses who hate as much as you love your rig? Am I crazy or is there just not a lot of room?
Strange you feel tight. I'm 6'5 280lbs and while a smidge snug, feels totally fine including operating the clutch. Kids fit fine behind me. Hope you sort it out!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

No my girlfriend absolutely LOVES riding in my Jeep, with the sunrider up. During a long drive home she often falls asleep in the Jeep the the moment I drive off. It’s that comfortable.

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Unfortunately sounds like you'll need to trade it in.

Hopefully the new wife likes jeeps more.

(Shamelessly stolen from someone in another thread and for the life of me I can't find it, but it was hilarious and deserves new life here)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, her “crazy complaining” is pretty much her way of saying “I don’t give two hoots about what makes you happy.”

By focusing on herself and dismissing your wants and needs, she is also dismissing the fact that she ought to be part of what makes you happy.

Dr. Pill