Help! My wife HATES my new Jeep!

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
This is actually the FIRST vehicle I have bought without giving a F!*K about what she thinks. I usually buy something with her added input....smh. I'm pissed because she actually encouraged me this time to "get what I want" and is fine with my Jeep. She didn't give me "the look" or anything when I told her the price. It was just "Congratulations babe!". I was like "who TF are you!?.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
She didn't give me "the look" or anything when I told her the price. It was just "Congratulations babe!". I was like "who TF are you!?.
While anything is possible, I would say she’s planning to spring something significant on you, and now has this to hold over you lol

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
While anything is possible, I would say she’s planning to spring something significant on you, and now has this to hold over you lol
Yeah, like when UPS/FedEx/Amazon start delivering mods every other day for the next few months.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
My wife of 36 years hates every vehicle I love. The simple solution is she buys what she wants and I buy what I want.

Hunter
Good solution nice and fair.

Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
It seems to be a theme here that wives are usually the one who are sporting extreme vitriol for the Jeep. I’m just curious where this is coming from? Because in my circles, people are either indifferent or seems to absolutely love the Jeep, many tell me it’s their dream car, and that the only thing keeping them away is possibly the price.

A mental meltdown? Jesus. I mean, there are so many things in life that could be much worse. Sometimes, you just got to step back and look at life in the big picture.
Perhaps the Jeep makes the husband more attractive to younger women.....

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Wife loved my 2019 Sahara with Sky One Power Top that she stole my Jeep.

Well, I showed her and ordered myself a Retirement 2021 Rubicon. I have the better end of that deal.

I love the Sky One Top but love the Hardtop better now.

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
While this is not my situation at all, my wife already tells people 'my' jeep is hers....

Here is a thought.
Jeeps represent freedom, excitement, happiness and fun. It may be that some wives view the jeep as competition with them. Perhaps a new jeep owner shows more attention and interest in the jeep than the wife, so she then 'hates' it, but most likely it isn't really the jeep that is the issue.

Your just not allowed to have freedom, excitement, happiness or fun unless she is the center of attention...

But hey what do I know, I'm just a man.

WaX

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
While this is not my situation at all, my wife already tells people 'my' jeep is hers....

Here is a thought.
Jeeps represent freedom, excitement, happiness and fun. It may be that some wives view the jeep as competition with them. Perhaps a new jeep owner shows more attention and interest in the jeep than the wife, so she then 'hates' it, but most likely it isn't really the jeep that is the issue.

Your just not allowed to have freedom, excitement, happiness or fun unless she is the center of attention...

But hey what do I know, I'm just a man.

WaX
That’s the bottom line right there.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My Wife loved my 2019 Sahara with Sky One Power Top that she stole my Jeep.

Well, I showed her and ordered myself a Retirement 2021 Rubicon. I have the better end of that deal.

I love the Sky One Top but love the Hardtop better now.
Is the Retirement Edition a new Wrangler trim?

I haven’t seen the press release!

😫

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wife of 36 years hates every vehicle I love. The simple solution is she buys what she wants and I buy what I want.

Hunter
Sounds like you uncovered the key to a successful marriage!

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
My wife didn't like my Jeep until I put side steps on. Once she is in it, she if fine. Not sure of any mods out there to make it roomier though.
You know, this is a good point. A lot of women (my wife included) say they don't like something as a whole when they really don't like a particular thing about it and it overshadows everything else to them.

In Dan M's case, it was the big step to get in which was resolved by a side step. In my wife's case, it was the freedom tops feeling "heavy and oppressive" overhead because she always had a car with a sun roof. One ClearLidz later and she's fine.

So try to find out exactly why the interior doesn't feel roomy to her. It might be something as simple as a storage space for sunglasses, it might be more. That can be easier said than done but if you figure out exactly what it is often a simple fix or upgrade can make a world of difference.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Sounds like you uncovered the key to a successful marriage!
Almost... My wife and I also have our own vehicles and each drive what we want. That goes far but she also insists on calling my Jeep a "car". So I insist on calling the Subaru her "lesbian mobile" until she gives my vehicle the respect it deserves. She knows exactly what she must do to get me to stop doing that.

So also add communicating what annoys you and distribute the annoyance equally. ;)

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I read somewhere that a standard transmission is actually a 'Millenial Anti-Theft Device'.
They guy that sold us the Jeep was a millennial and did not know how to drive it. It took two salesmen to get gas while we signed the paperwork. My salesman ran the clutch and another salesman shifted.
Sponsored