Help, my Jeep shrunk 😪

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Sting Gray
I had a mopar lift installed on my 4xe Rubicon before delivery. Out on the trail with sway disconnected I heard some loud noises while really flexing it. I wasn't sure if this was normal, so I hopped on here to do some research. It didn't seem like normal sounds and I came across discussions about recalled lifts, etc.

In my research I found a Mopar sheet listing the part numbers for lift components for each model. Crawled under the Jeep and my nothing was from the 4xe kit. Rear springs were from one kit, rear shocks another and same with the front. It's like someone filled a box with whatever was on the shelf and shipped it to the dealer as a 4xe lift.

I sent pics to the dealer and they ordered another lift. This past week they put the new lift on with all the correct part numbers. When I got it back it looked shorter, and the bumper cap behind the rear wheels had been removed. (Piece that commonly rubs) I'm running 37 ko'2s and had never had any rubbing.

Best I can tell the correct lift is two inches shorter in the front and about an inch in the rear than what I had. I think everyone can agree this is giving me a bit of performance anxiety. I had 9 inches between the tire and fender before and now I have 7. Maybe 7 is fine, but it's disappointing if your used to 9. Probably not as bad as going from 5 to 3 but still an issue.

So how do I regain my swagger. Do I put spacers on top of the mopar lift, if I do will I need new links or other parts? Do I kiss my 2k installed lift goodbye and start over? Do I convince myself that 7 is fine, it's not about height, more in the motion? I'd love to know if anyone has successfully installed a lift extension that still performs!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
As long as you were good with the ride at the higher level, you should be fine with just adding spacers. All the rest of the parts will work like they did at the higher level before since they are the same between the kits.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Side note, the Teraflex Performance 1.5" spacer is actually 2" front and 1.5" rear if that gets you where you want to be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
baskiboat

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Side note, the Teraflex Performance 1.5" spacer is actually 2" front and 1.5" rear if that gets you where you want to be.
That would be perfect. If I do that what I'm hearing is I won't need any other parts correct? I do a lot myself but suspension is new to me. Will this change the performance at all?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That would be perfect. If I do that what I'm hearing is I won't need any other parts correct? I do a lot myself but suspension is new to me. Will this change the performance at all?
You already have all the supporting parts from the Mopar lift, the spring rate will be the same as now (if you can even tell the difference from before).

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So you’re basically saying your previous mix and match “mopar” lift was 2 inches taller than your current, proper 4xe mopar lift?

So then the previous bad lift gave you 4-5” of total lift instead of 2-3” and the current 2.5” mopar lift is giving you the proper 2-3” of lift?

OP
OP
baskiboat

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you’re basically saying your previous mix and match “mopar” lift was 2 inches taller than your current, proper 4xe mopar lift?

So then the previous bad lift gave you 4-5” of total lift instead of 2-3” and the current 2.5” mopar lift is giving you the proper 2-3” of lift?
IDK - I never saw it stock. Most posts say the proper 4xe lift is only producing 1" so it's possible the bad lift was 3" and now I'm at 1.

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I had a mopar lift installed on my 4xe Rubicon before delivery. Out on the trail with sway disconnected I heard some loud noises while really flexing it. I wasn't sure if this was normal, so I hopped on here to do some research. It didn't seem like normal sounds and I came across discussions about recalled lifts, etc.

In my research I found a Mopar sheet listing the part numbers for lift components for each model. Crawled under the Jeep and my nothing was from the 4xe kit. Rear springs were from one kit, rear shocks another and same with the front. It's like someone filled a box with whatever was on the shelf and shipped it to the dealer as a 4xe lift.

I sent pics to the dealer and they ordered another lift. This past week they put the new lift on with all the correct part numbers. When I got it back it looked shorter, and the bumper cap behind the rear wheels had been removed. (Piece that commonly rubs) I'm running 37 ko'2s and had never had any rubbing.

Best I can tell the correct lift is two inches shorter in the front and about an inch in the rear than what I had. I think everyone can agree this is giving me a bit of performance anxiety. I had 9 inches between the tire and fender before and now I have 7. Maybe 7 is fine, but it's disappointing if your used to 9. Probably not as bad as going from 5 to 3 but still an issue.

So how do I regain my swagger. Do I put spacers on top of the mopar lift, if I do will I need new links or other parts? Do I kiss my 2k installed lift goodbye and start over? Do I convince myself that 7 is fine, it's not about height, more in the motion? I'd love to know if anyone has successfully installed a lift extension that still performs!
(ACOS) from JKS...Adjustable Coil Over Spacers...they add 1" just by installing...then, set your height EXACTLY where you want it from there...

https://jksmfg.com/collections/wran...h-bump-stop-acos-wrangler-jl-and-gladiator-jt

https://jksmfg.com/collections/wran...coil-spacer-acos-wrangler-jl-and-gladiator-jt

Jeep Wrangler JL Help, my Jeep shrunk 😪 1644342606220

Jeep Wrangler JL Help, my Jeep shrunk 😪 1644342639037

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
IDK - I never saw it stock. Most posts say the proper 4xe lift is only producing 1" so it's possible the bad lift was 3" and now I'm at 1.
What??? It’s a proper mopar 2.5” lift specifically for the 4xe but it provides only 1” inch of lift?:surprised:

i know you measured wheel to fender distance but can you also measure the shaft of the rear shocks at ride height so we can see how much down travel you have based on your shocks? Or are you unable to measure the length of the shaft because the mopar shocks have roost shields that cover the entire shaft?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
What??? It’s a proper mopar 2.5” lift specifically for the 4xe but it provides only 1” inch of lift?:surprised:

i know you measured wheel to fender distance but can you also measure the shaft of the rear shocks at ride height so we can see how much down travel you have based on your shocks? Or are you unable to measure the length of the shaft because the mopar shocks have roost shields that cover the entire shaft?
Yes, 4xe Mopar Lift commonly only provides a net lift of 1" on the Rubicon.
Sponsored