Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
BMW Business Development Consultant/Landscape Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Rubicon with under 700 miles on it. Over the past few weeks I’ve noticed that when I cold start the Jeep (meaning it’s been off for over 6-7 hrs) I get a strong gasoline smell. The smell stays for less then 10 minutes and goes away. I brought it my dealer and they smelled the same thing this morning (I left it overnight) but by the time they started checking things the smell went away. They are telling me they want to replicate it again tonight because they have no idea what could be causing it. I google it and many people say the O-rings or fuel injectors. Can anyone help me? Is it dangerous to drive?
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'd say let the dealer keep it to replicate the problem and hopefully fix it before you need to worry about driving it.

Take this one step at a time.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
2.0 or 3.6? Everyone needs to start differentiating based on what engine they have. Especially once the diesel hits the street.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
I had an Audi A4 where the injector seals went. It poured gas out of the engine after I started it. It ran like absolute crap for a few seconds before dying and giving me a check engine light. It went from working fine to destroying my driveway with gas overnight. There was no in between where they leaked a little bit. I’m no mechanic but I feel like you would know if it was the injector seals.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
OP, consider changing the subject of your post to something more descriptive. I guarantee you’ll get more replies.

My vote is with the “let the dealer figure it out” camp.

Sponsored

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
EVap canister. Injector O Rings would leak all the time under pressure.
Sponsored