Sponsored

Help me spec my potential 2020 Jeep please!

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
Just my 2 cents. Things I wish I knew before my 2020, painted hard top and fenders is difficult to do afterwards.
Regarding LED group I replaced my standard headlight bulbs with LED for 28 dollars, new smoked led tail lights for 65 dollars, and led turn bulbs for 20 (although I swapped for rubi led fenders later)
Steel bumpers are easy to find (even good knockoff) and easy to swap yourself for half of factory.
Wheels tires and suspension upgrades are plentiful as takeoffs for quite a savings if you are willing to be patient and wrench.
I didn't get upgraded engine or axels and will be an undertaking now seems like worth pricing out.
I plan on keeping this rig so my opinions are based on resale being not important even though all my upgrades were on an DIY extreme budget.

Good luck.
Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!

I'm wondering if it'll be worthwhile to get aftermarket limited slip diff for the rear? My current car is manual with LSD and I am so use to it by now and love it dearly. I thought it would even help in the Rubicon cause if you're going at higher speeds off-road it'd be better than rear locker?

And for your second sentence, did you mean to say Rubicon V8 2 door? that's what I assume but wanted to double check.
Jeeps aren't really the best high speed off-roaders. They'll certainly do it but you won't gain a whole lot by adding an LSD to the rear, and the lockers are better if you're rock crawling.

That is what I meant, V8 2 door.