El Churro

El Churro

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F150, 2024 Rubicon 4xe
In my opinion highlighting the hinges and door handles and everything else on the exterior is a little over kill. I see a lot of jeeps with this done so there are plenty that like it. I think the red rims and sidesteps look awesome without the stuff you have already done. With that said it is yours so do with it what you want but more importantly get it dirty and have some fun with it.
Definitely plan on getting it dirty! We're planning a week long trip to southern utah here in about a week. Cant wait to see the jeep in red rock red haha

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I find that all of the "hinge/trim/feature" coverings that are used as accent colors to be a bit lacking. In general I don't think they add enough of the accent color and end up looking a bit cheap. I also think that you will find a lot less of that stuff on the Jeeps that Jeep people like on average. Just look at the "sexiest Jeep alive" posts.

For instance, this random Jeep I found on the internet is closer to what I would consider "good" accent coloring.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help me settle a debate 1712534918387-k5

I can get on board with your idea for the wheels. Not my personal color choice, but I am all for using the wheels as an accent color location.

At the end of the day, do what you want because ultimately its yours and you have to live with it. Enjoy it and have some fun.

Sponsored

JEBIGA

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Union Electrician
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here.
So recently took ownership of a 2024 4xe in Bikini blue. Me being me I had a vision for the jeep from day one. I immediately started making small modifications to the vehicle. Just this weekend I decided to add red accents to the hinges, handles, and a few other bits to go along with the red seat and steering wheel cover i added on day one. I personally love it, however the better half isn't a fan and thinks it looks like a clown car... What do you guys think?

I like it! I think red caliper covers would look cool too! Nice job!

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
Not a fan. My 2 cents to each is own. I have a hydro blue and left it alone with regards to color accents.

wheels082

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2010 JKU, 1994 XJ
When it comes to looks, I think it is your Jeep and it does not matter what people on a forum think.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This is already beating a dead horse, but I'm curious how many items were installed when the crap magnet was on overdrive. I see

Seat covers, seering wheel cover x2 or 4, hood graphic, hood tie down cover x2, hood hinge cover x2, side vent cover x2, door hinge cover x8, door handle cover x4, rear glass hinge cover x2, rear glass sprayer, rear glass graphic.

And you were going for even more! At least you married smartly.

Sponsored

Halxen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'll say... no comment on the Jeep; it's your Jeep and you should do what you want to/with it.

In regards to your OP, however, regardless of how you feel the JLwrangler forum "settled" your debate... you should listen to Wife ;)

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
Dude doesn't listen to his wife and goes to the internet for support. That usually ends well for most marriages. Go to OF.com, I'm sure there is a girl there that will agree with whatever you say as long as you pay. Just show your wife the video/chat string afterwards too. ?

LHSmith

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here.
So recently took ownership of a 2024 4xe in Bikini blue. Me being me I had a vision for the jeep from day one. I immediately started making small modifications to the vehicle. Just this weekend I decided to add red accents to the hinges, handles, and a few other bits to go along with the red seat and steering wheel cover i added on day one. I personally love it, however the better half isn't a fan and thinks it looks like a clown car... What do you guys think?

Jeep Wrangler JL Help me settle a debate 1712597770237-4h

I too have a Blue JL and have made several upgrades to the interior. But the have all been the color of the vehicle. Don’t mix colors!

JesseT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe
All I'm gonna say about this is: when in doubt, don't mix primary colors
Sponsored

Last edited: