Help me find the right Shocks for MetalCloak 3.5" Game-Changer Kit

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I’ve been running the MC 3.5” GC Rocksport on my 2020 JLUR for about 17k miles. Had same lift on my JKU.
At 17k mikes though, my rocksports are done. The one on my JKU dampened like new after 30k miles.

BUT....they’re less than $300 and give you the flex MC is known for and a great on road experience. For me that started changing 15-16k miles. They just got too soft.

I’m putting another set on while I decide in next shocks. Stuck between Fox 2.5, ADS and Radflo. All 2.5 adjustable ressi.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I’m putting another set on while I decide in next shocks. Stuck between Fox 2.5, ADS and Radflo. All 2.5 adjustable ressi.
I gotta say I've been chewing on what to go with next for some time. All spendy.

They almost totally soak up the washboard dirt roads and I’m able to bomb through the desert at a better speed than the Rocksports could handle. I experienced some wash-out from the rocksports on some of the more extreme washboard roads. I have yet to experience any washout with the 6paks, though I’m sure I could get them hot enough to lose dampening ability if I drove it hard and long enough.

8BC013B8-1792-4C87-B8FA-4985445A9F6E.jpeg
This review was very helpful. Thanks Salty.

For the price and your take on their performance, this may just be my direction. Even if I don't really feel comfortable with the design.

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Wasn't there a "short body" king offering a while back that could maybe provide a higher quality shock with the travel to get the most out of these MC kits?
Sponsored

Last edited: