Help me decide....

srsfunk

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I been reading and researching for a couple weeks now and I'm making myself crazy. I have a Sport S Unlimited, with Nitto RG 275/70-17s on the stock optional wheel (which I like) and Rubicon springs and shocks, from a hardtop steel bumper Rubi. Only got about 1.25 inches on my soft top sport.

I want more lift, as it still looks to plain, but I don't want it to look stupid with my tires, I'm willing to drop about another 2 grand and I can't decide how best to spend it. Leaning towards the Mopar lift but afraid it will be to much, I could resell my Rubi stuff and tires and upgrade to 35's but I really wanted to keep my tire size (almost 33) as this is my daily. Could go with Teraflex 1.5 spacers but I don't want it leveled, and then do I do a track bar and lower arms as its up about 3" total?

Also considering the Dynatac, Rustys, AEV, or Skyjacker as well. My other thought is throw on a spacer lift and get a new front bumper, but I'm worried that will lower the front to much, and the Warn bumper I like is still preorder. I also think wheel spacers would help it look better but I'm not sure how I feel about them.

It only sees 25-30% mild offroad use, mostly a mall crawler, and honestly I'm not real concerned about ride quality better is nice but I have other cars and so far have only put a little over 5k miles in 10 months, mostly top down and doors off.

IMG_3258.jpeg
Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
One to thing to consider is impact on warranty… I went all Mopar.. and my dealer has been great on everything, Mopar lift handles everything I throw at it well.. I run the stock tires and rims mostly to save MPG and save my 37 Maxxis creepy crawlers for the sierras - hard trails.. so lift seems to do just fine switching back and forth.. no issues..

if your a self tuner and warranty coverage is not your worry..

I would go with the higher shock travel suspensions which allows for more contact and a better - softer ride IMHO..

My mopar system seems to be limited to 9 inches, whereas metal cloak claims 15 inches.. https://metalcloak.com/1562-15-6pak-shock-rear-jl-wrangler.html

Hope this gives you a little insight...