Sponsored

Help me decide, to sting or not to sting.

With or without the stinger?

• Total voters

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Respectfully, if the sting was not as thick and overbearing looking, I would vote sting. But, you barely notice your bumper with that particular sting. This of course is my humble opinion ;)

OP
OP
hardt2788

hardt2788

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl sport s
Respectfully, if the sting was not as thick and overbearing looking, I would vote sting. But, you barely notice your bumper with that particular sting. This of course is my humble opinion ;)

Ended up ditching the stinger and bumper

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
I actually like the look of the JL Rubi steel bumper with the Mopar winch guard.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
I am actually not a fan of the looks of stingers. I like that bumper. My JL is coming soon and I want a winch and blue ox tow bar brackets to the frame so I am limited on bumpers I can get because I have to get one with frame bolts on the outside and have not really liked anything I can find.

Sponsored

StardogGT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Cobra, '04 F250 Diesel, '16 Focus ST, '21 JLUR
My sting isn't even a real sting. I don't think it would stop a forward roll. But if I drive 1 mile in any direction I will see 5-30 deer. Sorry Bambi. I do my best, but you aren't coming through my windshield. The other nice thing is that it lines smack up with the farthest forward part of the bumper so it's a good park aid.

EDIT: That’s the wrong picture but I'm leaving it there anyway.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help me decide, to sting or not to sting. 20211229_140919

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
516B83CD-44CB-4F02-AD2F-7ECC905C5E72.jpeg

Help me decide!
Well not as easy as you think.

The Stinger is a tool and it serves a purpose. When you are in the rocks and go down on STEEP slopes you have the chance to going nose over lid down without a Stinger, Stinger forces your Jeep to roll off to the side, saving you nose/radiator/top and your butt!

Here the stinger on my Rock rig, this is my design, it is incredibly strong. How strong. Hit a 92 Caddy rear quarter panel at 55 mph, never got my foot on the brake, the ran a red light and hit that caddy hard enough to total it. Damage to my Stinger? .97 cents, Wal Mart Semi-Gloss black paint.

NOTE:
Roll bar just over the top of the radiator

Stinger 4 in above roll bar

Stinger braced not against the roll bar like many, but vertically, keep the torque form an event from pushing the roll bar back into the grille and radiator

Down at the bottom ¼ in plate brace and welding, same goes for the triangle brace and welded, braces are ¼ in and tubing is .120 wall

I did the design and the welding in my shop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help me decide, to sting or not to sting. Jeep 005
Sponsored