Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I like the sahara, i be going back to the mall later tonight!.
I LOVE my Sahara. Great ride and nice look. No knocking the Rubi's but Sahara with LSD is just what I need.
Sponsored

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon & 2017 TACO 4WD OFF ROAD
Occupation
Retired
Rubileon - how is the 4 Turbo a pain to drive in the city?
I've owned a 2015 JKUR Hard rock with the 3.6 and now own a 2020 JLUR Recon with the 2.0L. Everyone has their own preferences, but I like the 2.0L better. There is no shortage of power and when the turbos kick in, that's when you really notice the surge of power. More torque also. However, the 2.0L is not as proven as the 3.6. The jury is still out with this engine. But it comes with a 5 year powertrain warranty so, I'm not that concerned about it. Also, it is NOT mandatory to use premium gas like everyone seems to echo. The owners manual specifically states (on 2020 manuals) that 87 octane is acceptable; but optimum performance can be achieved using 91 octane. I've been using regular 87 octane since I've had it and no problems with it. I surmise my MPG could improve with the 91 octane, but in the end, everything balances out. Insofar as to whether you should get a Sahara or Rubicon, it's the Rubi without a doubt. Sahara's just don't seem to have that rugged Jeep look in my humble opinion. The expensive Rubi has all of the creature comforts of the Sahara (except ride) and mine was well equipped too (62K). Good luck in your search.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've owned a 2015 JKUR Hard rock with the 3.6 and now own a 2020 JLUR Recon with the 2.0L. Everyone has their own preferences, but I like the 2.0L better. There is no shortage of power and when the turbos kick in, that's when you really notice the surge of power. More torque also. However, the 2.0L is not as proven as the 3.6. The jury is still out with this engine. But it comes with a 5 year powertrain warranty so, I'm not that concerned about it. Also, it is NOT mandatory to use premium gas like everyone seems to echo. The owners manual specifically states (on 2020 manuals) that 87 octane is acceptable; but optimum performance can be achieved using 91 octane. I've been using regular 87 octane since I've had it and no problems with it. I surmise my MPG could improve with the 91 octane, but in the end, everything balances out. Insofar as to whether you should get a Sahara or Rubicon, it's the Rubi without a doubt. Sahara's just don't seem to have that rugged Jeep look in my humble opinion. The expensive Rubi has all of the creature comforts of the Sahara (except ride) and mine was well equipped too (62K). Good luck in your search.
THanks so much. So here is a question. I agree on the Rubicon and that rugged Jeep look asa well. I love the recon package with everything it offers, the most important part for me was getting the eTorque I have heard great things about it and how much better the ESS is, additionally the eTorque 4CYL is not even an option for 2021 (yet) and all the normal Rubicon’s have the V6 or non eTorque 2.0 turbo. Am I making too much of a deal on the eTorque 4 Cyl? Thanks so much!

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon & 2017 TACO 4WD OFF ROAD
Occupation
Retired
THanks so much. So here is a question. I agree on the Rubicon and that rugged Jeep look asa well. I love the recon package with everything it offers, the most important part for me was getting the eTorque I have heard great things about it and how much better the ESS is, additionally the eTorque 4CYL is not even an option for 2021 (yet) and all the normal Rubicon’s have the V6 or non eTorque 2.0 turbo. Am I making too much of a deal on the eTorque 4 Cyl? Thanks so much!
If it were me, I wouldn't be too focused on the 2.0L. The 3.6L is a tried and true engine and I wouldn't hesitate to go with either one. My experience with the 3.6 was great and truth be told that the only reason I went with the 2.0 was due to the 3.6 not being available on the Recon. On the other hand, the 2.0 could be a blessing or a bust because of the ESS. There are two batteries with the eTorque ESS and having more critical parts to deal with is always not a good idea. Maybe FCA decided there is a future liability on anticipated problems on the 2.0's was too much to bear through a surge of claims? Who knows. There are many Recons out on the lots and they only come in the 2.0. Good luck.
Sponsored