Help me decide - Sahara or Rubicon Recon

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Looking to purchase a new Jeep. Started out wanting a Sahara for my use case (town and beach driving, maybe a very light trail a few times a year - will probably keep suspension stock).

These are both 2.0 Turbo vehicles BTW

Found a Sahara exactly as I wanted it configured:
Leather, cold weather, towing, LED lights, 8.4 Uconnect, both safety groups, keyless entry and Sky One Touch roof.
MSRP - $54940

Found a Unlimited Rubicon Recon edition that I really like that is equipped the same way but also has Steel Bumper group and body color fender flares
MSRP - $60,615

Really like the ruggedness of the Rubicon and while I would do some mods on the Sarah it would be to get it to look a bit more aggressive.

Don’t have to talk about price - trying to get both to 5%+ below invoice which is where I feel comfortable.

So about a $5675 difference in MSRP and about $5066 on invoice.

Remember my use case - around town, vacation trips at the beach a lot and occasionally a trail trip.

Will the Rubicon retain more resale? Which to choose - any advice or opinions are appreciated. Thanks so much!
Sponsored

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Rubicon no doubt. Sahara owners may as well have gotten some other car TBH

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Why the 2L? Isn't the 3.6 also cheaper? You can get a Rubicon bumper and they even start from around $400. Get a can of paint and spray your shocks in any color you want.

Money in your hands is better than in their pockets.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
LOL - thanks, please keep the comments coming. Adding a Rubi Hood, wheels bumpers etc will soon surpass the cost of the Sahara

Sponsored

Kohltex

First Name
Kohl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Looking to purchase a new Jeep. Started out wanting a Sahara for my use case (town and beach driving, maybe a very light trail a few times a year - will probably keep suspension stock).

These are both 2.0 Turbo vehicles BTW

Found a Sahara exactly as I wanted it configured:
Leather, cold weather, towing, LED lights, 8.4 Uconnect, both safety groups, keyless entry and Sky One Touch roof.
MSRP - $54940

Found a Unlimited Rubicon Recon edition that I really like that is equipped the same way but also has Steel Bumper group and body color fender flares
MSRP - $60,615

Really like the ruggedness of the Rubicon and while I would do some mods on the Sarah it would be to get it to look a bit more aggressive.

Don’t have to talk about price - trying to get both to 5%+ below invoice which is where I feel comfortable.

So about a $5675 difference in MSRP and about $5066 on invoice.

Remember my use case - around town, vacation trips at the beach a lot and occasionally a trail trip.

Will the Rubicon retain more resale? Which to choose - any advice or opinions are appreciated. Thanks so much!
You'll always wish you got the Rubicon.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Seems to be unanimous, Rubicon is about $75 more a month on the payment. Approx. Great comments. Thanks!

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Th 2.0L for 2020 is not more expensive than the 3.6L if they both are automatics.
Still you'd probably save in the long term with the 3.6 being a simpler engine that can doesn't need premium fuel. In city traffic small turbos are a pain to drive anyway.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Rubileon - how is the 4 Turbo a pain to drive in the city?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Also do all the Recon’s come with the 4 CYL?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Adding a Rubi Hood, wheels bumpers etc will soon surpass the cost of the Sahara
Forgot you guys get a different hood in the Sahara.

The question is, as soon as you upgrade the suspension, you're throwing away what you paid for and with Jeeps you'll think you won't do it now but you might do it later.

Can you get a Rubicon with 4H Auto/AWD? That's another feature that makes a big difference on-road when slippery.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Rubileon - how is the 4 Turbo a pain to drive in the city?
Because turbos make no boost in slow traffic. If you step on it, you go in and out of the boost and out goes your fuel economy.

Little turbo engines are there to look good on paper for emissions and to catch people who don't understand engines.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I had a 2018 Sahara, nice, I liked it a lot. I traded it in on a 2019 Rubi. Ultimately I like the Rubi a bit better. Both had similar options, think my Rubi has remote start. Other than that similarly equipped.

539265AA-9013-41C6-BE0E-E5C9EEDBAFBA.jpeg
FF7D0F3F-47C7-48A0-9BF7-E868F792E6A0.jpeg