Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
Hey guys.
I am so frustrated. I have done SO much research on lifts and am TOTALLY overwhelmed.
I really want a Metal Cloak Game Changer lift, but it is VERY expensive AND a fellow Jeeper informed me it will be way overkill for my uses.
So then I settled on going with the Mopar 2.5" lift, but I'd have to upgrade some parts to make it even better (i.e. adjustable control arms and I think there was something else I would need to upgrade). The same fellow Jeeper told me that there are better lifts with all that stuff in it for less than I would spend buying the Mopar and adding to the kit.
So this is how I use my Jeep:
I do moderate off roading, forging my own trails, mild-moderate rock crawling (infrequent). I have a 2020 JLUR Recon edition. I'd like something with a good warranty and middle of the road cost. I'd like something with a soft ride, not too firm.
Can you help me decide? Thanks so much!
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Have a look at Clayton Offroad I think you can find what you are looking for.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Just get the Teraflex 1.5" spacer leveling kit and you should be fine.

proper spring coil lifts are not cheap you need more than just 4 springs and 4 shocks for a 2.5" lift - Bump stop extensions, adjustable track bars, longer front control arms, perhaps brake line extensions, etc.

Those that say you get these complete kits for less than the price of the Mopar lift are talking nonsense.

The Mopar lift has its own problems so I would not go that route.

artoflife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2013 Scion FR-S
Definitely recommend the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift. You don't need anything else with it and it's as close as you'll get to a stock ride with any lift kits.

This thread should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-2-lift-also-fixed-my-steering-issues.16480/

Trailrecon actually did a really good review on some lift kits on Youtube, that might be worth checking out.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You thought you were having a hard time deciding before, wait till this thread gets ramped up....đŸ€Ł........ RK adventure series 1 TT is my recommendation. It has a lifetime warranty on all hard parts, it has a great on road ride, and it’s upgradable for when you start doing more off road ( and you will).🙂

But I want to give my .02 on what you should get regardless of the brand. If you’re going with a 2.5” lift make sure it includes:
-Adjustable front track bar
-Rear track bar relocation bracket, or adj. t.b.
-sway bar end links
-Bump stop kit( depends on what size tire you’re getting)
-Longer or adj. front lower control arms
-If the brand you get doesn’t have corner specific springs like your Rubi , then get some rear RK coil spring isolators, the passengers side is a half inch higher. This will help with the lean.
-make sure you get coils and shocks that pair well together.
-make sure you get tires that aren’t to stiff, this will be a very crucial element in your on-road ride. Very important. You want to stay with 17” rim and a “C” rated tire if you can. Again just my opinion here, other opinions may vary.

Good luck with your build, I look forward to seeing it........😎

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Rancho 2" Sport lift with their 9000 shocks. I would add their front and rear adjustable track bars and their Geometry correction brackets, or front adjustable lower control arms instead if you are worried about the geo brackets hanging down an inch or 2.

This is a very nice riding lift, and the shock adjustment is a plus.

The lift is budget friendly and a quality product.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
A second vote for MetalCloak. The True Dual that @SSinGA mentioned is good. You can then add the adjustable arms later all at once or a pair at a time as your budget allows. Then it will have everything in the GameChanger kit. Why add them? Because that’s where you’ll get your ability to dial in alignment and the great articulation from.

Keep an eye out, as mentioned they usually have sales only a few times a year one of them being Memorial Day. They are only for 2 or 3 days.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you're looking for something that is designed to properly lift your vehicle for larger wheels and tires while maintaining suspension geometry and ride quality, definitely check out our Ride Right suspension system! Our Ride Right kit is an entry-level version of our popular Overland Plus kit, and features the same maintenance-free, dual durometer bushings that help to soak up road noise and vibrations for a smooth and comfortable daily driver as well as all of the flex you need for your off-road adventures! I'll leave a link so that you can check the kit out, and feel free to reach out with any questions if you have any at all!

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-ride-right-lift-kit-4dr-2018-jl

Sponsored

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
You thought you were having a hard time deciding before, wait till this thread gets ramped up....đŸ€Ł........ RK adventure series 1 TT is my recommendation. It has a lifetime warranty on all hard parts, it has a great on road ride, and it’s upgradable for when you start doing more off road ( and you will).🙂

But I want to give my .02 on what you should get regardless of the brand. If you’re going with a 2.5” lift make sure it includes:
-sway bar end links
-If the brand you get doesn’t have corner specific springs like your Rubi , then get some rear RK coil spring isolators, the passengers side is a half inch higher. This will help with the lean.
-make sure you get tires that aren’t to stiff, this will be a very crucial element in your on-road ride. Very important. You want to stay with 17” rim and a “C” rated tire if you can. Again just my opinion here, other opinions may vary.

First off I appreciate all the feedback you and other give us newbies.

I've been doing a lot of research as well and this is the second time you have mentioned this lift. I was almost set on Teraflex 3.5...too much overkill, then Endurosport, then moved to AEV but now this makes more sense. I want a good suspension lift that I will run 35's on for now and that I can upgrade down the road if I want and I probably will. Any suggestions where to order this from?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
First off I appreciate all the feedback you and other give us newbies.

I've been doing a lot of research as well and this is the second time you have mentioned this lift. I was almost set on Teraflex 3.5...too much overkill, then Endurosport, then moved to AEV but now this makes more sense. I want a good suspension lift that I will run 35's on for now and that I can upgrade down the road if I want and I probably will. Any suggestions where to order this from?
Reach out to Marcus. @River City Offroad , he’s a great dude, and will give you a good deal.

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 Ford Expedition, 2020 Tesla X

-sway bar end links

curious why you recommend sway bar end links for the 2.5” lift? Any particular brand? Aside from these I have all exact parts on my JLUR with dynatrac kit and the jeep ride like a dream on and off road.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
curious why you recommend sway bar end links for the 2.5” lift? Any particular brand? Aside from these I have all exact parts on my JLUR with dynatrac kit and the jeep ride like a dream on and off road.
Most notable kits include them, RK, MC, TF Rancho, etc.... some have you move the rears to the front and give you longer ones for the rear. It’s just a good idea, especially for Rubi, with its electronic disconnect the links stay bolted on, and if they’re to short you risk inverting your sway bar. That makes for a shitty day, lol.
The brand is up to you, depending on which lift you get will determine if you have to buy them separately.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Which lifts mentioned above have corner specific springs? Also, any additional lifts with corner specific?
Sponsored