Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Check this out too.
On and off-road a nice ride with the adjustable RS9000XL
http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...ension-system-rs9000xl-shocks-rs66124br9.html
And our geometry brackets to help on road feel even more.
http://www.gorancho.com/products/ac...rm-geometry-correction-brackets-rs62118b.html

Good luck in your choice and welcome to JL ownership :)
Matt

Hello everyone. I am Hoss, new to this forum and the JL but not new to Jeeps. This is our third Wrangler, first was a Silver 09 2 door sport X, then we had a Gecko 2012 Unlimited Sahara. Last week we were entertaining the idea of trading in my wife's 2016 Escalade ESV and came across a dealership that had a White 2018 Unlimited Sahara soft top with only 214 miles on it and were able to pick it up for $31k. We couldn't turn it down! So now the fun begins again, researching and building!!!

We have 2 young kids, Sean 5 and Tinsley 1, so we don't do any off road or rock crawling trips right now, I guess you could say we are building a Mall crawler. My wife's 09 had a 3" lift and 33's, she loved the stance and the ride so we are trying to do the same with this one. We are looking at a 2.5" lift but could go to a 3.5" but I have concerns with the ride quality, driveshaft and caster issues.

So here is where I am, I have scoured the forum countless hours for a couple weeks now and still cant decide weather we would be fine with a 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift with either LCA or correction brackets to save some money and get the lift we want since we will be 100% on road. What about a 3.5" Rough Country Control arm drop suspension, but do I need to replace the driveshaft since we will never flex it out? OR should I go with a spring lift like the Rubicon Express or Teraflex, would it even be necessary since we will never go off road?

Thank you all for being awesome and helping me make a decision. We have missed being a part of this awesome community and so glad we are back home where we belong!
Sponsored

L8Knight

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2018 Yukon Denali
Hey,
I put on the 2.5 RC spacer lift 2 days ago. Couldn't be happier. I'm running 33.6 inch tires with it. Rides awsome, looks great. Might not be the best setup to run the Rubicon, but I'm heading to the hockey rink so no issues there.

OP
OP

OkcHoss

First Name
Hoss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Thank you everyone for your help and especially @River City Offroad we have ordered the Rock Krawler 2.5 adventure series 1 lift with shocks. Marcus took the time to answer all my questions and even got us set up with some 315/70r17 Milestar Patagonia tires. I will start a build thread in a couple weekends when I have time to get wrenching.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
No problem Hoss! Thank you for your business and support! I just shot you some tracking info!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help with anything!

Marcus

OP
OP

OkcHoss

First Name
Hoss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
No problem Hoss! Thank you for your business and support! I just shot you some tracking info!

Marcus
Thanks man I just got it. It’s going to be really hard to have to stare at all this for a week before I have time to Install all of it!

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hello everyone. I am Hoss, new to this forum and the JL but not new to Jeeps. This is our third Wrangler, first was a Silver 09 2 door sport X, then we had a Gecko 2012 Unlimited Sahara. Last week we were entertaining the idea of trading in my wife's 2016 Escalade ESV and came across a dealership that had a White 2018 Unlimited Sahara soft top with only 214 miles on it and were able to pick it up for $31k. We couldn't turn it down! So now the fun begins again, researching and building!!!

We have 2 young kids, Sean 5 and Tinsley 1, so we don't do any off road or rock crawling trips right now, I guess you could say we are building a Mall crawler. My wife's 09 had a 3" lift and 33's, she loved the stance and the ride so we are trying to do the same with this one. We are looking at a 2.5" lift but could go to a 3.5" but I have concerns with the ride quality, driveshaft and caster issues.

So here is where I am, I have scoured the forum countless hours for a couple weeks now and still cant decide weather we would be fine with a 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift with either LCA or correction brackets to save some money and get the lift we want since we will be 100% on road. What about a 3.5" Rough Country Control arm drop suspension, but do I need to replace the driveshaft since we will never flex it out? OR should I go with a spring lift like the Rubicon Express or Teraflex, would it even be necessary since we will never go off road?

Thank you all for being awesome and helping me make a decision. We have missed being a part of this awesome community and so glad we are back home where we belong!
I would go with the 3.5" rancho lift as it offers the best on-road drive plus some off-road.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Lol. What other lifts have you tested out to make such a claim?
Our group consists of 4 Jl's (3 Rubicon and 1 sahara) that run icon, rough country and mopar lifts and based on driving them all in my opinion the Rancho was the smoothest. Also mine is the only Sahara so that could make it a little smoother

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you everyone for your help and especially @River City Offroad we have ordered the Rock Krawler 2.5 adventure series 1 lift with shocks. Marcus took the time to answer all my questions and even got us set up with some 315/70r17 Milestar Patagonia tires. I will start a build thread in a couple weekends when I have time to get wrenching.
Are you still riding on this kit? I have a JLUS, did you add anything else to this kit?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Marcus
Would fox shocks, AEV, or teraflex work best with the adventure series kit outside the shocks that are included in the kit.

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Would fox shocks, AEV, or teraflex work best with the adventure series kit outside the shocks that are included in the kit.
I would go Fox 2.0 with a Rock Krawler kit.
Sponsored