Sponsored

Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hello I was up camping near Idyllwild, more specifically stone creek yellow post sites. We got to the yellow post sites from the Idyllwild 243 side and decided to come down the other way towards the Hemit side. We we’re planning to come down the standard way through Bee Canyon OHV, but mad the wrong turn.

We ended up coming down a really tough trail. For me it was a solid 6-7 out of 10. Banged up the underside of the Sahara really good and had a few close calls due to trails current condition and heavy erosion. It felt like the Jeep was going to roll more than once. We had a RTT and our center of gravity was working against us in overtime.

For the life of me this trail does not have anything online specifically regarding OHV use. I have looked on Gaia, US Forestry Service, All Trails, Google and onX Off Road to no avail. There are no ratings for this trail nor can I find any information regarding off roading on this particular section of the trail.

It was definitely above my pay grade for a stock Sahara (aired down to 18PSI) and I would just like to know exactly what trail I stumbled upon so I can tackle it in my soon to be Rubicon in the future.

Side note - some of the rocks were so large and sharp I was convinced we were going to pinch a tire and create a flat or run the bead off the wheel. None of that happened and I was actually quite shocked at how good these hybrid all-terrain Bridgestone Duelers handled. No, I would not consider these tires all-terrain, but I was still impressed no damage came to them on this part of the trail.

I don’t have any photos of how rocky and eroded the trail became as I was just determined to get out of there as quickly as possible. The photos below are from the very first part of it and then I quickly realized I need to take it seriously as the sun was setting and I didn’t know my way out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California D5CFEBE1-4AA6-4A3B-A537-8AEEA94F8D53

Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California 6FBA26A9-48A9-4EEE-9793-03B5F8094EC4

Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California 2C6D3B90-A798-4FDD-B6BD-6F69955D5B45

Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California 0CAA538C-963B-48B5-9A32-07B9C1C5330D

Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California 58A3A01D-01D3-433F-A9EE-9BFD4675CDA0

Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California C8BC721E-0A52-48B7-A29D-ECD2225BAD2C
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hello I know this is a very specific question to particular part of the region and I don’t expect it to be answered quickly. Could anyone point me in the direction of someone they might now that I could DM or shoot a call who lives locally and might know? I would still like to figure this out eventually.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Any luck on this?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I was reading I thought I’d pull up GAIA or the MVUM. Then kept reading saw the pics…

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
As I was reading I thought I’d pull up GAIA or the MVUM. Then kept reading saw the pics…
Yeah I think the trouble just in really bad condition which made it harder to navigate for me in the loaded down jeep

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I located the right road, AllTrails has it named Indian Creek Road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California B93AF31E-D71C-4E04-B994-A2295F40AD71

Jeep Wrangler JL Help locating the name and information of particular trail in Southern California 1B64400A-44E7-416F-82C9-B0ED8C0FA979

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yeah I took a look at it but it’s not quite the right trail. It has it labeled as that but not actual information on that section of the trail.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You didnt end up in the reservation? Ive taken a side shoot up there and got stopped up by indian reservation peeps lol

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I took a look at it but it’s not quite the right trail. It has it labeled as that but not actual information on that section of the trail.
well shoot. I was fixin to invoice you for finding that… ;)

I notice GAIA has the same name on it if you zoom in close enough.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
You didnt end up in the reservation? Ive taken a side shoot up there and got stopped up by indian reservation peeps lol
For a minute we did. A sign said no trespassing with their reservation info on it.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
well shoot. I was fixin to invoice you for finding that… ;)

I notice GAIA has the same name on it if you zoom in close enough.
Yes sir. It was a rutted rocky trail that would have been fun with 35s and a mild lift without all the weight in the car. So I’m surprised it’s not labeled as anything in the off road apps. It was pretty daunting in the Sahara for its current conditions.
Sponsored