HELP !!!KLUNK SOUND COMING AT LOW SPEEDS

jeepddy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler JL
HEY ALL, NEEDS SOME HELP. IM LIFTED 3.5 WITH 37'S AND MY CAR WILL MAKE A NOISE AT LOW SPEEDS OR WHEN COMIING TO A STOP. THE NOISE SOUNDS LIKE A NAIL IS THE TIRE BUT THERE ARE NON( JUST SO YOU GET THE IDEA OF THE NOISE) AS THE TIRES COME TO A STOP ITS CLICK CLICK ....CLICK.......CLICK.. BUT IS NOT CONSTANT SO I DONT KNOW WHAT IT CAN BE !!
ANY IDEAS WHAT TO CHECK FOR >????????????
Sponsored

GhostActual762

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Recon
HEY ALL, NEEDS SOME HELP. IM LIFTED 3.5 WITH 37'S AND MY CAR WILL MAKE A NOISE AT LOW SPEEDS OR WHEN COMIING TO A STOP. THE NOISE SOUNDS LIKE A NAIL IS THE TIRE BUT THERE ARE NON( JUST SO YOU GET THE IDEA OF THE NOISE) AS THE TIRES COME TO A STOP ITS CLICK CLICK ....CLICK.......CLICK.. BUT IS NOT CONSTANT SO I DONT KNOW WHAT IT CAN BE !!
ANY IDEAS WHAT TO CHECK FOR >????????????
Your description suggests that the noise is coming from something that is rotating.

1. Tires
2. Driveshafts

Is it front or rear? Left/right?

Check your tires and remove any rocks or debris, when your done with that check them again.(methodically)

After that check your driveshafts, something might be wrapped around it and is banging on the underside of the jeep.

Who installed the lift?
Where the driveshafts removed during the lift install?

If possible, use a jack and raise each tire 1 at a time and spin, notice anything that clicks or scraps? When doing the rear tires you must put the vehicle in neutral abd choke the front wheels.

Does the noise go away when pressing the brake?

When did it start making the noise? Before lift? After lift? After going out to play in the mud?

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Simple but true: that's what sound loose lug nuts will make! I suggest a torque check of those babies before looking deeper....That's happened to me at least twice.
Sponsored