Sponsored

Help, JLU Rubicon Traction Control turns itself off if ESS is ON.

FantasyGirl77

First Name
Tris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon. Ram 1500 Rebel 2021
So, I've been having this problem every time I go wheeling lately.
Once I get back to pavement and I go to turn traction control back on it will turn on initially, but when I stop and the engine shuts off with the automatic start stop the traction control turns it self back off as soon as the engine fires back up and I start moving.
Usually it does this until I get home and it will be back to normal the next morning, but I went wheeling the past weekend and now it was been doing it since.
Steering wheel is straight and it only turns traction control off when the automatic start stop is on and I come to a complete stop.

My jeep is lifted and on 37 inch tires. As far as electronics I have a 10k lb. winch and two KC spot light connected to the main battery but nothing else.
I started having this problem as soon as the snow wheeling season started, I don't know if that could mean that is cold related.

Just don't know what would cause traction control to be turned off with automatic start stop after a full stop. is the ESS somehow turning off traction control?

I have no service lights or codes showing up, just the traction control turning off.

20201219_143701-01.jpeg
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How do you know you have no codes in the system?

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue, even down to having a Tazer...

Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue, even down to having a Tazer...
To verify it was related to ESS, I turned ESS off and drove across town with several stops that would normally activate ESS. On the way home I turned ESS back on. Guess what? The problem went away.

Go figure.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sounds like the Tazer is trying to activate TracKill which disables TC everytime you start up.

I'm not sure how it differentiates an ESS event from an actual on/off event. Clearly it should be able to. The Tazers are (or can be) glitchy, thus likely why it seems to have resolved itself

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like the Tazer is trying to activate TracKill which disables TC everytime you start up.

I'm not sure how it differentiates an ESS event from an actual on/off event. Clearly it should be able to. The Tazers are (or can be) glitchy, thus likely why it seems to have resolved itself
Perhaps. I was also hearing a clicking noise on turning which made me think wheel speed sensor if a ball joint or unit bearing was loose. I'll check those out tomorrow when we get a break from this dang humidity...

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My ball joints were loose at, like 500 miles. I retorqued them and the problem has not happened since.
Sponsored