kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The two wires I originally connected to the tazer mini are connected back to the port on the rear of the speaker pod.
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
The only wire/plug I see that is not connected back there is this one.

6E143872-748E-4CB5-AC9F-957CF876E78D.jpeg
That definitely is not the SGW. Good luck!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
The two wires I originally connected to the tazer mini are connected back to the port on the rear of the speaker pod.
That would most likely be the SGW.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
That definitely is not the SGW. Good luck!
Yeah, I am curious what it is. Maybe some type of wiring not used on the rubicon edition, but used on another. Or, something for a manual transmission, as it’s right there by the area a clutch pedal would be.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@kapk22 This has been heartbreaking to follow! I really hope you get this cleared up soon and I’m curious to see what the cause is.
Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
@kapk22 This has been heartbreaking to follow! I really hope you get this cleared up soon and I’m curious to see what the cause is.
Good luck!
Thank you!!

I do have a question for everyone now. When I take it to the dealership, should I mention having the tazer in when this happened?

I’m a little concerned about them trying to void the warranty. I thought I read somewhere on here that this was a concern. However, it seems like it would be best to explain everything I did, so they would be able to diagnose the problem faster.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Thank you!!

I do have a question for everyone now. When I take it to the dealership, should I mention having the tazer in when this happened?

I’m a little concerned about them trying to void the warranty. I thought I read somewhere on here that this was a concern. However, it seems like it would be best to explain everything I did, so they would be able to diagnose the problem faster.
If they don't ask, don't tell, but don't lie. If they ask, tell them. Do the right thing.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Hoping for the best Kasey! Lots of good advice here about the Tazer and disconnecting the battery before installs, so I won't repeat. However, once you are ready to install the HEIGH10, Jourdan and I here for any questions you have!
I will note that the Tazer and Tazer Mini should be removed when installing the HEIGH10. The Tazer Lite seems to be okay though.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
if i lived closer i would bring my rubicon over for reference and help you get it all back runnin'
oregon is like 3000 miles away though

anyone in Oregon?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hoping for the best Kasey! Lots of good advice here about the Tazer and disconnecting the battery before installs, so I won't repeat. However, once you are ready to install the HEIGH10, Jourdan and I here for any questions you have!
I will note that the Tazer and Tazer Mini should be removed when installing the HEIGH10. The Tazer Lite seems to be okay though.
@Mike - Stinger Off-Road

IF both the Main and Aux battery are disconnected prior to the install of the Heigh10, then how is the Tazer JL Mini sitting there powerless impacting the install? UConnect is also out of the picture with all 12v power disconnected.

Are you saying that the Tazer JL Mini and the Heigh10 cannot be run concurrently on the JL? So guys/gals with a Tazer JL Mini should not install a Heigh10 as they will not play, lets say together?

Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
@kapk22 here's some pictures under the dash on my driver side. it looks like that same gray connector is not plugged to anything (last pic). everything else seems connected.

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
If they don't ask, don't tell, but don't lie. If they ask, tell them. Do the right thing.

$155 initial diagnostics fee. Was able to pull that tether and roll her out last night for the tow truck to grab it this morning. Worked out great. Crossing fingers I get good news. I really cannot afford a lot right now.

44EDFDF5-115E-4C4E-A021-AB62C836CFAC.jpeg

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Are you saying that the Tazer JL Mini and the Heigh10 cannot be run concurrently on the JL? So guys/gals with a Tazer JL Mini should not install a Heigh10 as they will not play, lets say together?
@Rhinebeck01, from what I've been reading/hearing that's pretty much what's being said. The Tazer JL Mini and Heigh10, as things stand right now, do not play well together. I have to believe that it has something to do with the integration module the Heigh10 uses as compared to the stock Uconnect radios.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01, from what I've been reading/hearing that's pretty much what's being said. The Tazer JL Mini and Heigh10, as things stand right now, do not play well together. I have to believe that it has something to do with the integration module the Heigh10 uses as compared to the stock Uconnect radios.
I wonder if the same can be said in regard to JSCAN ?
Sponsored