kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
My guess would be a diagnostic fee plus cost of repair, these dealer service ppl have charge codes for everything.
I guess the only thing left to do is put the stock unit back in. Remove the tazer and have the dealership flash it.

Did not know the heigh10 would not work with a tazer mini. So frustrating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Well, I talked with stinger (very cool people) on the phone and explained everything I did. They told me the issue is not related to that usb wire in the console and, what likely happened is the Tazer caused the issue when I unplugged the uconnect and plugged it back in.

They recommended removing the tazer (already done) and disconnecting the battery for at least a half hour. Then re-connect and see if things go back to normal. I am not excited about messing around with those terminal wires again, but it will save a couple hundred bucks (at least) if it fixes things. I will update later. Thanks for all the help and support during this difficult time :)

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@kapk22 I‘m hoping your issues gets resolved by doing this

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing the tazer is innocent here.
Its always best to remove any items like this prior to doing any mods that utilize the Uconnect system.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP's major mistake was undoubtedly directly related to his moving forward with the Stinger install without disconnecting ALL, 12v power to his JL. Also, in his blindly moving forward... clueless so to speak,... with an install that is complicated.

I'm sure the OP has learned an expensive lesson so to speak....... I sincerely feel for him...

Any "mods or programmer influence lets call it, UConnect, on board electronics/computers, etc. would not come into play/ would cause no negative impact so to speak, if all 12v power to the JL had been killed as it should have been.

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I guess the only thing left to do is put the stock unit back in. Remove the tazer and have the dealership flash it.

Did not know the heigh10 would not work with a tazer mini. So frustrating.
Any update?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Any update?
I disconnected the negatives from the battery last night and separated them for an hour. I reconnected them at 10:16 pm. So, I will try starting her at 10:16 tonight. If this doesn’t work, I will have her towed to Jeep via insurance Saturday or Sunday. The tow company wanted $135 to take it 2.6 miles.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping for the best for ya …

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I’m hoping for the best for ya …
Got home at 10:35, climbed in and pushed the start button...,,,, same thing. No luck guys. I think she needs to go get plugged in and reset.

I called the local dealership and asked for the service department this afternoon, just in case this happened. I only got a voicemail, which I left a detailed message and heard nothing back. I sure hope this isn’t going to be some long drawn out BS hassle like some of the stories I’ve read. I’m currently driving the old farm truck, which use to be very dependable. Not so much these days. Hoping the yj is doing okay enough to drive while this is all getting taken care of. Thanks again for all the help. I will still update as this progresses.

Sponsored

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Got home at 10:35, climbed in and pushed the start button...,,,, same thing. No luck guys. I think she needs to go get plugged in and reset.

I called the local dealership and asked for the service department this afternoon, just in case this happened. I only got a voicemail, which I left a detailed message and heard nothing back. I sure hope this isn’t going to be some long drawn out BS hassle like some of the stories I’ve read. I’m currently driving the old farm truck, which use to be very dependable. Not so much these days. Hoping the yj is doing okay enough to drive while this is all getting taken care of. Thanks again for all the help. I will still update as this progresses.
So sorry

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Kasey, I’m so sorry to hear you are having problems.

One thing it MIGHT be is the SGW just above and to the left of the OBD port. It has two sets of cables, each with a locking connector on the back side. Did you possibly disconnect one or both inadvertently? You can pull the panel below the steering wheel by hand, and look to the left just behind the edge of the side panel with the speaker. You may have to get your head down very low and use a flashlight to get eyes-on.

Good luck!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I will be curious how this turns out…

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Kasey, I’m so sorry to hear you are having problems.

One thing it MIGHT be is the SGW just above and to the left of the OBD port. It has two sets of cables, each with a locking connector on the back side. Did you possibly disconnect one or both inadvertently? You can pull the panel below the steering wheel by hand, and look to the left just behind the edge of the side panel with the speaker. You may have to get your head down very low and use a flashlight to get eyes-on.

Good luck!
The only wire/plug I see that is not connected back there is this one.

6E143872-748E-4CB5-AC9F-957CF876E78D.jpeg
Sponsored