First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Whatever color is added, I'd like the factory pinstripe package available. It'd save me a lot of time installing them by driving on forest roads.

Seriously, I'd like a return of Ocean Blue Metallic; I would've chosen it despite the pinstriping.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Would LOVE to see a Matte Gunmetal or even a Matte Black like the hoods of the Hellcats. Harley did it to a Road Glide absolutely killed it!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Help Jeep pick a new color 1633711082593
Jeep Wrangler JL Help Jeep pick a new color 1633711082593
The bad thing about these colors and some shades of silver is that hey blend into the color of asphalt. When I've driven anything that color I've had more people pull out in front of me or cut me off than any other color.

That HD looks great. When I bought my Road Glide, there was one this color. Loved it when parked, but the thought of having it blend into the color of the road color steered me away and I got Black Quartz. Then Olive came out 6 moths later :headbang:

A couple other colors from the recent past that I liked were Rhino and Tank. Those were both very stealthy colors too. Rhino could damn near disappear at dusk or dawn, but at least you have lights on then.

Sponsored

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
The bad thing about these colors and some shades of silver is that hey blend into the color of asphalt. When I've driven anything that color I've had more people pull out in front of me or cut me off than any other color.

That HD looks great. When I bought my Road Glide, there was one this color. Loved it when parked, but the thought of having it blend into the color of the road color steered me away and I got Black Quartz. Then Olive came out 6 moths later :headbang:

A couple other colors from the recent past that I liked were Rhino and Tank. Those were both very stealthy colors too. Rhino could damn near disappear at dusk or dawn, but at least you have lights on then.
Seems to me about 90% of Jeeps I see are some variation of Grey, from Bright silver to dark charcoal and everything in between. Another 8% are Black or white. All other colors make up 2% :). No official data has been used.

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I think that tends to hold true for all cars on the road in general.

Black, white and silver/gray dominate by far.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Red and black are very popular around here, but you hardly see any on this forum. Silvers are getting more popular here, but in the years before clear coats, and before they got good, silver would turn to a sun burnt primer gray in about 2 years. As a matter of fact, all metal flake colors did poorly down here until clear coats good good. So black, white and red still seem to be popular colors to this day. Black has always seemed to last the longest when kept out in direct sunlight, as UV doesn't have much effect on it.

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Speaking of Gray, i'd take a Nardo Gray

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I'll throw in a vote for something along the lines of "Carbon Blue" or "Midnight Blue" -- I think the former was what I had on a 2000 Toyota Celica back in the days of Velociraptors... ;)

Absolutely gorgeous color - looked black at first glance when washed/waxed, but it was a deep deep blue.

Pretty sure something like that was offered on Jeeps for a few years (There's a JK on base here in something similar), just not sure of the official name.

Cheers,
-CM-

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Dune, Gator, Gobi...
How can these NOT be available on a Wrangler?

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Be interesting to see how the Rugged Brown Pearl from my Ram would look on it. Really dark brown (get's mistaken for black).

Jeep Wrangler JL Help Jeep pick a new color bmw-x5-m-f95-competition-c684924082021233709_1
They sprayed the color on 2013 JK. Very short run
Sponsored