Sponsored

HELP !!! Is my 2018 Jeep Compass totaled ??

Do you think my car is totaled ?

• Total voters
OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
I got a estimate that my Jeep would cost 12,500 to repair I have a 2018 Jeep , the body shop stated that it flagged as a total loss and they have to send it over to my insurance company’s total loss department... should I just go ahead and let them total it since it’s so much damage???

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Likely varies by state but I believe the repair cost has to be equal or greater than ~75% of the value of the car for it to be a total loss.
At 12,500 no way it’s totaled.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This is for that 2018 JEEP COMPASS. An odd thread in its original form, as this is a JL FORUM.
The original thread was "Help ! Is my 2018 Jeep Compass Totaled ?" A new thread on a Compass, same vehicle, author, and questions ?? Your insurance company and Bank will decide this, direct questions to them

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On a Compass, $12.5K may total it out. Depending on the miles, trim level and options.

My daughter bought a 2018 Compass Trailgaw with low miles, leather, sunroof, upgraded audio and a few other options for $20K.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP !!! Is my 2018 Jeep Compass totaled ?? 20200823_133624

Last edited:

Sponsored

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
If not totaled then trade it in after repairs are completed--it will never be right after such damage; this has been my experience after near totaled repair was done to my 2009 Sahara and 2000 Cherokee.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I got a estimate that my Jeep would cost 12,500 to repair I have a 2018 Jeep , the body shop stated that it flagged as a total loss and they have to send it over to my insurance company’s total loss department... should I just go ahead and let them total it since it’s so much damage???
That's double the last estimate you got? Same shop? Are they finding more damage? Take the money and run if they agree to total it and buy something else.

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
That's double the last estimate you got? Same shop? Are they finding more damage? Take the money and run if they agree to total it and buy something else.
Yes double the estimate I got , they called and said repairs would be 12,500 , 12k minus my deductible but my towing bill was already 1000$ so right now I’m looking at 13,000 with that much damage idk if I wasn’t it back but the KBB value of my car is 23,500 ... I honestly don’t want it back

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
This is for that 2018 JEEP COMPASS. An odd thread in its original form, as this is a JL FORUM.
The original thread was "Help ! Is my 2018 Jeep Compass Totaled ?" A new thread on a Compass, same vehicle, author, and questions ?? Your insurance company and Bank will decide this, direct questions to them
So I was just looking for advice idk who pissed in your corn flakes

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
On a Compass, $12.5K my total it out. Depending on the miles, trim level and options.

My daughter bought a 2018 Compass Trailgaw with low miles, leather, sunroof, upgraded audio and a few other options for $20K.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP !!! Is my 2018 Jeep Compass totaled ?? 20200823_133624
I was the first owner, 31,000 no other accidents. It’s such a beautiful car but with so much damage Idek if I want it back , and who’s to say when they tear it down it’s not another 1000$ worth of repairs, the body shop stated that it flagged as a total loss in there system

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yes double the estimate I got , they called and said repairs would be 12,500 , 12k minus my deductible but my towing bill was already 1000$ so right now I’m looking at 13,000 with that much damage idk if I wasn’t it back but the KBB value of my car is 23,500 ... I honestly don’t want it back
You need to see if your State has Diminished Value if your insurance company decides to fix it.

Ultimately it's up to the insurance company to determine if it's worth the risk to authorize repairs and to fix it. They also have to take diminished value in to consideration if your State has it. That might be the deciding factor. They will weigh the risk of finding more damage, plus diminished value, verses writing it off/ totaling it and selling / auctioning it to Copart. Look up cars like yours for sale on Car Guru, KBB, Cars.com, Autotrader for comps.

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
You need to see if your State has Diminished Value if your insurance company decides to fix it.

Ultimately it's up to the insurance company to determine if it's worth the risk to authorize repairs and to fix it. They also have to take diminished value in to consideration if your State has it. That might be the deciding factor. They will weigh the risk of finding more damage, plus diminished value, verses writing it off/ totaling it and selling / auctioning it to Copart. Look up cars like yours for sale on Car Guru, KBB, Cars.com, Autotrader for comps.
The state of Virginia DOES recognize diminished value claims for up to five year, and covers uninsured motorists. However, you cannot qualify for a claim if you are the at-fault party or if something other than a vehicle was the cause of damage.

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass

My car trade in value is around 18,000 - 20,000

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
So I was just looking for advice idk who pissed in your corn flakes
$12k of damage to a Wrangler, which is what everyone would naturally assume you have here based on your omission of a model, is totally different than $12k of damage to a Compass.