Sponsored

HELP !!! Is my 2018 Jeep Compass totaled ??

Do you think my car is totaled ?

• Total voters

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
How long is your lease and how many miles?
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes your right I’m just very concerned
It's normal to be concerned but don't let it haunt you. Accidents happen all the time and cars get repaired all the time.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm very glad that it is what is best for your situation. But I can't help you out much. This group is a Wrangler specific forum, with only anecdotal information about the Compass which is not positive. That is why I hoped that for your sake it was, so that you could get a better vehicle.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 months and only 32k I left the lot only had 17 miles on it
Do you have a lease or are you financing it? 84 months is a LONG lease?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
I'm very glad that it is what is best for your situation. But I can't help you out much. This group is a Wrangler specific forum, with only anecdotal information about the Compass which is not positive. That is why I hoped that for your sake it was, so that you could get a better vehicle.
Lol I like my compass , but honestly since I’ve been in my Jeep I’ve became fascinated with all the different types of Jeep’s out here. They are great cars for sure

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
Do you have a lease or are you financing it? 84 months is a LONG lease?
Financing it through the bank sorry about that I should have it paid off by the time I’m 28 got it when I was 21

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Financing it through the bank sorry about that I should have it paid off by the time I’m 28 got it when I was 21
Got it. You said leased at first. You meant financed for 84 months. You will be back in your Compass soon. Good luck.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Lol I like my compass , but honestly since I’ve been in my Jeep I’ve became fascinated with all the different types of Jeep’s out here. They are great cars for sure
Wishing you all the best. Looks unlikely it is a total loss. But then again you will not fully know until the body shop opens her up. There is serious damage to it looking at the pics. Let us know what does the Police Report say when you get it.

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
Wishing you all the best. Looks unlikely it is a total loss. But then again you will not fully know until the body shop opens her up. There is serious damage to it looking at the pics. Let us know what does the Police Report say when you get it.
Body shop has opened her up no frame damage why in your opinion do you think it’s a total loss ? No air bags where deployed and my car still starts

Sponsored

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
I also did not call the police because it was a single vehicle crash I just called a tow truck and went on my way

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Body shop has opened her up no frame damage why in your opinion do you think it’s a total loss ? No air bags where deployed and my car still starts
The contrary. I do not think its totalled.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Insurance is regulated by State and every State is different. Insurance companies are all different. Try asking for OEM Mopar parts for your repairs.

How long do you think you will keep this Jeep? Do you plan on keeping and driving your Compass for the full loan term? Or do you think you might sell it before? Do you have a extended warranty?

OP
OP

Denym0714

First Name
Ajaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
Insurance is regulated by State and every State is different. Insurance companies are all different. Try asking for OEM Mopar parts for your repairs.

How long do you think you will keep this Jeep? Do you plan on keeping and driving your Compass for the full loan term? Or do you think you might sell it before? Do you have a extended warranty?
Just got my estimate 5,858 she said it’s coming up 50% my state of VA covers 75% do you know why it’s giving that ?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my estimate 5,858 she said it’s coming up 50% my state of VA covers 75% do you know why it’s giving that ?
What do you mean by coming up 50% and VA covers 75%? What is your deductible?
Sponsored