Help installing oem led drl turn signals

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Anyone have any sources for installing the led turn signals and drls? Mainly want to take apart the least amount while being able to swap out the fixtures. I did see a video of a morimoto install and there’s double sided tape holding it in...anything else I should be away of? A video or thread on this would be great but I didn’t see any in my searching
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If your JL came with non LEDS the wiring harness won’t support LEDS as the plug is missing the wire for the halo but if you are doing aftermarket it’s possible as lots have done it but you will likely have to flash with a Tazer to get the LEDS not to flicker

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
If your JL came with non LEDS the wiring harness won’t support LEDS as the plug is missing the wire for the halo but if you are doing aftermarket it’s possible as lots have done it but you will likely have to flash with a Tazer to get the LEDS not to flicker
I think you’re talking about head lights, I got that all covered with the headlight kit. I’m talking about the turns signal and drl lights on the fenders

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
I have taken the flares apart more times than I care to admit with my adventures with Morimoto Sequential Signals and have given some advise on removal of the turn/drl's in this thread.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/led-drl-install-for-jlu-sahara-2019.41712/

Hope this helps.
Gregj
Greg, how do you like the Morimoto Sequentials? I assume you had to get a taze to fix the bulb out warning and also to flash to change to sequential signaling. Correct?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Greg, how do you like the Morimoto Sequentials? I assume you had to get a taze to fix the bulb out warning and also to flash to change to sequential signaling. Correct?
They are on my wife’s Jeep and she loves them. They do get attention. Yes you will need a Tazer or other programmer to get them to work. I have also used the JScan app to change the settings on my Jeep to led. Others have used the Flashcal.

Gregj

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
They are on my wife’s Jeep and she loves them. They do get attention. Yes you will need a Tazer or other programmer to get them to work. I have also used the JScan app to change the settings on my Jeep to led. Others have used the Flashcal.

Gregj
Thanks Greg. Seems like both JScan and Flashcal are only compatible with the JK. Does the Tazer allow you to both change to LED and also allow sequentials to work?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JScan will work with a lot of Jeep models and there is a Flashcal for the JL. You just need to change the light settings to “led”. The sequential flash is built into the light assembly, there is a jumper that will allow you to choose sequential or just flash.
Gregj

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
JScan will work with a lot of Jeep models and there is a Flashcal for the JL. You just need to change the light settings to “led”. The sequential flash is built into the light assembly, there is a jumper that will allow you to choose sequential or just flash.
Gregj
By "jumper" you're referring to the Tazer, right? Just want to be sure. I'm such a newbie with anything mechanical/electric. There's no way around using a Tazer to get the sequentials to work I assume. Wonder how much a dealer would charge for that; I don't expect to use a Tazer for more than this purpose and really don't want to drop a few hundred bucks on top of the light assembly.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By "jumper" you're referring to the Tazer, right? Just want to be sure. I'm such a newbie with anything mechanical/electric. There's no way around using a Tazer to get the sequentials to work I assume. Wonder how much a dealer would charge for that; I don't expect to use a Tazer for more than this purpose and really don't want to drop a few hundred bucks on top of the light assembly.
No, the jumpers are on the light assembly numbers 4 and 5 in the instructions below.

upload_2020-2-14_13-37-54.jpeg

There are two separate jumpers, one for the sequential and another for the “F1” style DRL’s, they are supposed to pulse brighter every so often, I didn’t set them that way. The dealer will be of no use setting the lights to LED, sorry, many of us have had the same response from them. The JScan app route is not that expensive, about $100.

Here is a lengthy thread with all the sordid details.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...l-led-drl-turn-signals-morimoto-xb-led.14021/
Gregj

Last edited:

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
jumping in here. can someone tell me IF those darn push pin rivets on the outer edge of the fender need to come out to remove the actual underside plastic flare? 21 JLUR.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of them yes, I don't remember which. Been a minute since I did this.
Gregj
Sponsored