Sponsored

Help installing LOD Signature sliders - broken bolt

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
So I went back to the machine shop. The bolts they gave me this morning were not a 1.5 pitch. I can confirm that M12x1.5 are the right ones.
They are very close and easy to get mixed up! Glad you got it sorted out!
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
LOD did end up shipping out a replacement nut that they welded to a metal bar. I spent about 15 mins with a Dremel cutting through the stuck bolt. Used a magnetic pick up to pull out the nut/other half of the bolt from the frame. The flag nut bolted in nice and easily. Ideally it would have been the same type of nut that popped out of the frame, but it wasn't.

I'm actually somewhat perplexed on what type of nut it was that went to the body. It looks like a super specific Jeep weld nut, but couldn't find anything that looked like it on any Jeep parts websites, McMaster Carr, or other misc bolt sites.

Overall would rate my experience as the following:

Satisfied with the product in general
- sliders look great and should do a good job
Somewhat satisfied with the customer service - some comp/discount for the extra trouble would have been appreciated, but at least they were prompt on sending the nut
Not satisfied with the QC - at the price point vs other sliders it seems like that shouldn't be an issue, but unfortunately, it was. Also looks like other members were impacted by the bad batch as well.

All in all, still good sliders, but make sure you double check your LOD bolts and nuts.
I'm happy you got it all taken care of! Hopefully next time you have a better experience.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I can confirm that all proper LOD bolts will work the same on 2018 and 2019. I removed sliders from my 18 when it was bought back and transferred them to my 2019 no issues.
Sponsored