First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Fairly certain I'm going to pull the trigger on a used Mopar 2" kit. Anyone in the Atlanta area have experience putting these on and maybe help a fellow Jeeper out? I can pay in beer, cocaine, hookers, you name it. Just kidding, but not about the beer.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’d help you in a heartbeat if I was in the area. You can pm me if you have any questions, if you don’t find any help. I’ve put that kit on a few rigs now. It’s not that hard, but there’s a couple extra parts and steps if you get over 2” of lift out of it......:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DHW
OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I’d help you in a heartbeat if I was in the area. You can pm me if you have any questions, if you don’t find any help. I’ve put that kit on a few rigs now. It’s not that hard, but there’s a couple extra parts and steps if you get over 2” of lift out of it......:)
Thanks, I appreciate it. Yea, I've never done suspension work before and just want some help from someone who has put one on before. It would save me about $700.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m a long way away from you but would consider flying out to help with the install depending on the quality and quantity of the hookers and/or the blow. I’ll need to see photos and references.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Fairly certain I'm going to pull the trigger on a used Mopar 2" kit. Anyone in the Atlanta area have experience putting these on and maybe help a fellow Jeeper out? I can pay in beer, cocaine, hookers, you name it. Just kidding, but not about the beer.
Make sure that the kit you are buying is made for the model (JL/JLU) and motor (3.6/2.0) you have in your Jeep. Also, since it is used, make sure it includes all the parts:

mopar_lift_parts.jpg

You might consider purchasing different spring perches for this lift. These springs bow and while mopar says that is the way they are designed, you can alleviate some of that with different perches.

You will want to look at the instructions closely when putting on the springs. These springs are corner specific and the passenger sides are longer than the drivers side. When new they have red/blue tags with part numbers attached to them. If they are still attached you can reference the manual to confirm which side you will want to install them on. If you do not have these you will want to check the length and put the longer one's on the passenger side.

I have seen a few videos of these springs being installed on the incorrect side. The manual is pretty straight forward except for the pictures of the jeep when referencing the sides the springs go on. The instructions tell you RF, LF, RR, LR and give you the part numbers.

mopar_lift_spring.png

You can see in the following videos where "CJ Off-Road" put the front springs on the wrong sides. They have two install videos of this lift and both are incorrect. In both videos you will see them install the red tagged springs on the RF and the blue on the LF... but in the rear they do the opposite.

CJ Off-Road Video 1 - 4:29, 9:12
CJ Off-Road Video 2 - 1:04. 1:50

This one shows the blue on the left rear and the blue on the right front:

88ROTORS - 4:46, 11:38

This one shows front/rear red tags on the left and blue on the right (correct):

ExtremeTerrain - 15:04, 21:35

This is from mopar and shows red on left front:

MOPAR - 1:10

Another item to be aware of is when tightening the control arms/track bars back up. You can loosely tighten them when still in the air but will want to torque them down once on the ground. The clevite bushings will bind and possibly tear if tightened fully when in air and then lowered. It's not as easy to tighten the bolts when on the ground but will be worth it in ride quality and bushing life.

Once complete give it a few to settle then take a look at each tire and compare how far each of them stick out compared to the opposite side tire. You may find that there is no difference and both are even or you may find that the front sticks out a bit more on the drivers side and the back sticks out a bit more on the passenger side. If they are uneven, you may want to consider adj track bars or maybe an adj tb up front and a track bar bracket in the rear.

There are a number of walk-through's and video references on this forum so check some of those out if you have not already.

Entertainment purposes:
Wrangler JL with 2" mopar lift and 37's crushing cars... :like:

Sponsored

tcon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
This video on You-Tube is one of the best ( ) and shows the "correct" installation of the coil springs. However, the video has one important fault, and that is; it does not show the installation of the required "bump stops" for both the front and rear. :like:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
You can also do final torque on the control arms when using ramps, this will keep load on suspension but allow more room to get the torque wrench in there.
Sponsored