360JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hey all,

Finally decided to upgrade my Sport S fender flares to the high top version that comes on the rubicon. Ordered them from a dealer, got them painted annnnnnnnd i realized the rear fenders were different. I've attached pictures of the two fender flares:
20191101_173432.jpg
20191101_173417.jpg

Notice that there's a lip on the drivers side rear fender and not the right. The passenger side rear fender fit like a glove and everything went fine. I can't find any mention of this fender so i'm not even sure what Jeep it goes to. Any idea what the dealer sent me?

Thanks ahead of time.
Sponsored

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Different taper at bottom too. Passenger side appears to be a Rubicon to me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
The packaging would have part numbers if these came through a Mopar dealer. If that's gone, as noted, part numbers will be stamped on the part somewhere. Another option is to call the location your ordered them from and review the order - which you'll end up doing anyway to help them find the error and start the work to get you a proper match. Unless you want to rock the assymetrical look, which is totally cool on a Jeep! Rarely are dents are scratches symmetrical... ;)

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Gladiator and euro Euro JL have same rear fender as American JL. That driver side fender is strange f'sho

The driver fender in question also looks more narrow and the top surface is more tapered with a more shallow "gravel-catching" groove against the body.

OP
OP
360JL

360JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the drivers side is more narrow and has that lip. The dealers online sales department won't be open till Monday so I'll have to do it then. The weird thing is I think they even sent the correct wheel liner but just not the right flare. Hell if I could get that to fit I probably wouldn't care

OP
OP
360JL

360JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, does anyone know where on the flare i can find the part number? I'm probably going to run with this flare for a week or two till a replacement is hopefully shipped.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The worst part is you're likely gonna eat it since is already painted. Are the high line fenders even different in the rear?

Sponsored

OP
OP
360JL

360JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The worst part is you're likely gonna eat it since is already painted. Are the high line fenders even different in the rear?
Other than the seam where the flare split in half i don't believe they are that different. I went out and measured the difference between the back right and back left and the right flare has about an inch extra clearance compared to whatever they sent me on the left side. I'm hoping they'll still send me the replacement and i can just have the body shop that painted this one, re-sand and prime the wrong flare prior to ship back. But, we'll see what happens i guess.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey all,

Finally decided to upgrade my Sport S fender flares to the high top version that comes on the rubicon. Ordered them from a dealer, got them painted annnnnnnnd i realized the rear fenders were different. I've attached pictures of the two fender flares:
20191101_173432.jpg
20191101_173417.jpg

Notice that there's a lip on the drivers side rear fender and not the right. The passenger side rear fender fit like a glove and everything went fine. I can't find any mention of this fender so i'm not even sure what Jeep it goes to. Any idea what the dealer sent me?

Thanks ahead of time.
Passenger is high top, driver is shahara's

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Passenger is high top, driver is shahara's
Hey all,

20191101_173432.jpg
20191101_173417.jpg

Thanks ahead of time.
What he said.

need pictures from another angle to determine if this is true. The lip might be caused by rubicon fender liner not lining up with Sahara fender flare. Like this guy said, they are DIFFERENT.

this is a common dealer fuck up, they can’t even change oil correctly don’t expect them to understand the rocket science behind subtle differences between Sahara and Rubicon.

JL-Sahara-to-Rubicon.gif
Sponsored