Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Someone hit my mailbox a few years ago and knocked it off the post plus bent the post. I discovered it the next morning when I saw my box laying in the middle of my driveway. The only thing they left behind was a trim piece off the side mirror. It had a part number as well as the color of the car on it.

With the information, the police were able to find what model and year vehicle it came off of and then they did a search for a vehicle that fit that description registered to anyone in my area. They found the owner rather easily, not too far away. I agreed to not pursue any charges in exchange for them paying me for a new mailbox.

Anyway, do you know if the police did something similar with yours?
I have an almost identical situation with the opposite outcome. Never found who hit it. :LOL:
Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Ha! Just as I predicted.

And now for my next demonstration.

l_09c826f5-9920-4515-ac91-31fd434c6767.jpg

one of many options if you find the guy... :giggle:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Someone hit my mailbox a few years ago and knocked it off the post plus bent the post. I discovered it the next morning when I saw my box laying in the middle of my driveway. The only thing they left behind was a trim piece off the side mirror. It had a part number as well as the color of the car on it.

With the information, the police were able to find what model and year vehicle it came off of and then they did a search for a vehicle that fit that description registered to anyone in my area. They found the owner rather easily, not too far away. I agreed to not pursue any charges in exchange for them paying me for a new mailbox.

Anyway, do you know if the police did something similar with yours?
Hold it. While I believe you completely, am I to believe that the St. Louis PD actually did this for you or do you live in a different/smaller jurisdiction near St. Louis. I’m betting the latter.

Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I wouldn't call this an idiotic post #23, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. Get a dash cam with some good options. Video evidence is irrefutable.

Sub idiotic post23-A:
And go watch RR&BD driving school on YT. The more cams there are the better the content is :)

Good luck to the OP to get resolution on this case.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
At least there is no sheet metal damage. You may wind up with a new axle shaft and/or control arm.
that rim looks a bit compromised also. Theres no telling if the frame shifted a bit.. it does look there is a bit of pinching of the metal at the seam all the way down where the bumper covers it. feel sorry for OP

Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully you will find the dirt bag that hit your Jeep.

Once they are found, their insurance should not only repair your Jeep, you should be compensated for all the mental anguish, lost time, etc. Fair compensation would be their insurance to pay for a RK long arm conversion with 3.5" lift, a set of bead locks rims, and 37's, an a set of front an rear Artec bumpers, etc.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Hold it. While I believe you completely, am I to believe that the St. Louis PD actually did this for you or do you live in a different/smaller jurisdiction near St. Louis. I’m betting the latter.
Wildwood area - St. Louis County police department.

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
I have to say, having a group of great"car people" to bounce concerns, problems and ideas is just great. I hope you have a happy ending to this. And to all that participated in the investigation, you are all good people.

OP
OP
Al630

Al630

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Update: police found the car but it was reported stolen. Pretty much case close at this point. Taking in my Jeep in on Wednesday

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If a stolen car rams you off the road, whose insurance should be paying for the accident? Assuming they find and recover the stolen car, is it one incident that the owner of the stolen car is responsible for?
Sponsored