Sponsored

Help ID another strange aftermarket modification in my new 2020 Jeep.

OP
OP
BCalvin

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
This is all on a Jeep purchased at Moore in peoria AZ? Can you elaborate on that tracking device/black box and where you found it? I have a JLR I got from Moore that also blinks the brakelight and appears to have an aftermarket security system of some sort. Would appreciate any and all info as I de-Moore my Jeep.
Hi Jesse,
I didn't buy it at Moore. I tried to buy local but every dealer in Phoenix was just playing games and I expanded my search and found my deal in California.

If they told you there is an aftermarket tracker or security device you likely have the same thing.
I found it plugged in as a jumper/patch on the OBD2 port under the driver foot well.

Hopefully these photos help you.

tracker2.JPG

tracker3.JPG

tracker.JPG
Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine at Moore a year ago, It was a 2018 JLUR used as a loaner. But it was the only Nacho I could find locally. It had the brake light modulator and the security attachment. But it was marked down so much as a loaner I couldn't complain. The little security light stopped flashing when I installed the Tazer JL. Not sure that the tazer was reason, I may have interuppted power. Basically they just have you paying for a tracking device so if you don't make payments they can find Jeep to have it towed and repossesed..

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I bought mine at Moore a year ago, It was a 2018 JLUR used as a loaner. But it was the only Nacho I could find locally. It had the brake light modulator and the security attachment. But it was marked down so much as a loaner I couldn't complain. The little security light stopped flashing when I installed the Tazer JL. Not sure that the tazer was reason, I may have interuppted power. Basically they just have you paying for a tracking device so if you don't make payments they can find Jeep to have it towed and repossesed..
No Shi*!!! Isnt that illegal? They probably rip right past your agreement during signing, so much crap they just shove in front of you.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Snip:
I am not sure what you mean by compatibility but I have Pulse on my 2020 JLU.
Today, I spoke on the phone, with a Pulse, install technician....

He said Pulse presently, has two different offerings/units. Both offerings have a white tag on one of the wires, with the words, "WILLIAMS & LAKE LLC"

The offering/unit for the Wrangler 2018-2020 has a black module and 3 wires coming out of it.

Pulse's other offering, is one that is for VW's and Ram trucks and that one has a red module and 3 wires coming out of it.

So, current Pulse module that is compatible with / to be used with a Wrangler JL 2018-2020, is the the one with the black module. "Black Module w/Epoxy Coating Rev.002"

And as you know, Pulse/ WILLIAMS & LAKE LLC, does not sell the modules to the general public. You have to buy and have installed by a dealership that Pulse/ WILLIAMS & LAKE LLC is affiliated with.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, after some major effort on my part, I scored a Black Module w/Epoxy Coating Rev.002 , Pulse module..... and paid zero for it... Long long story, don't ask.. ;)

Anyway, took all of say 10 min. to install it this morning. I'm really liking the new behavior of the 3rd brake light.(Courtesy of the Pulse module) ....

Thanks to all here that helped me figure out wiring to deal with, info on the unit, etc...
I always go out of my way to help guy/gals on this forum and it feels good, getting help
for me this time. Ho, ho, ho...

Jeep Wrangler JL Help ID another strange aftermarket modification in my new 2020 Jeep. Pulse01

@BCalvin
@Lapis
@agarber5687

@OldGuyNewJeep

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Man I hate it when dealers sneak things in like that.

Mine added window etching and never told me. I wouldn't have minded but whoever did it, did a REALLY shitty job. Their etching tags are all crooked and in different places and shit. The worst part was that a few days after buying it, I noticed their etcher scratched the hard top right next to where they etched one of the side windows.

The worst part is you don't expect that kinda stuff when you custom order a car! Next time I'll have to ask them to not touch anything at all between the time they receive it and the time I come to pick it up lol.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BCalvin

About the pulser on the 3rd brake light.... mine has been installed 2 weeks now...

Well, my JL's pulser has really caught the eye of a few local JL owner's and a JT owner.

Three times now, I have had JL owner's (one guy and one gal) who came alongside of me, and waved over to the side of the road.....also, a guy in a JT did too.

... and again yesterday by a gal at Advance Auto as I was driving out of the parking lot..

Each time they wanted to know where to get such a pulser for their 3rd brake light..
.. of course then they got to looking at my JL and wanted to know about the Bestop Sunrider for JL, the Bushwacker stoneguard, the Rigid, B/U lites and, and.........

So, I'm sure the pulser is helping safety wise...... but, also now worrying about tailgating JL's and JT's, following so closely....... so as to check out my pulsing 3rd brake lite. :facepalm:

OP
OP
BCalvin

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I wish I was able to get my Jeep that way. It isn't new after the dealers do all their funky mods.

I just notice another mod I didn't know about. I have clear film under the door handles and along the edges that Jeep didn't put on it.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, after some major effort on my part, I scored a Black Module w/Epoxy Coating Rev.002 , Pulse module..... and paid zero for it... Long long story, don't ask.. ;)

Anyway, took all of say 10 min. to install it this morning. I'm really liking the new behavior of the 3rd brake light.(Courtesy of the Pulse module) ....

Thanks to all here that helped me figure out wiring to deal with, info on the unit, etc...
I always go out of my way to help guy/gals on this forum and it feels good, getting help
for me this time. Ho, ho, ho...

Pulse01.jpg

@BCalvin
@Lapis
@agarber5687

@OldGuyNewJeep

Curious ..... is anyone else here running a "Pulse Module". Mine has been installed for 1.5 yrs and still working well. I never hear any mention of such a pulser on the forum since this thread.

On Edit 9/3/23 ..... 3 yrs later ..... and here is more talk of a pulser for the 3rd Brake light..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ke-light-flasher-install.118390/#post-2465756
Mine has been installed for 3 yrs. now and it still works great.

Last edited:

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
I have several new 3rd brake light flashers stashed away in my tool box. I've been installing them since 1999. I add them to every vehicle as soon as I get it home. The units I use have 36 settings to choose from.
Sponsored

Last edited: