Sponsored

Help! I am thinking of selling my customized 2021 JLU so I can buy the 392. Where do I sell it for profit?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
seriously considering buying the 392 outright, not trade and having both Jeeps but......it just sounds so sinful and extravagant.....but then, again......DAMN! That V8 Hemi!
Yes, yes. Be sinful and extravagant because you are a…
Jeep Wrangler JL Help! I am thinking of selling my customized 2021 JLU so I can buy the 392. Where do I sell it for profit? 1621892413114
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
That’s not correct. You would void the trans warranty and anything relating to moving the Jeep forward.
Also if you think getting Jeep to warranty something is hard try getting an aftermarket company to warranty their Hemi.
Those that blew up their Roush Mustangs were out of luck. Even though they were under warranty Roush would not fix them.
pow·er train
/ˈpou(ə)r ˌtrān/
noun
noun: powertrain
the mechanism that transmits the drive from the engine of a vehicle to its axle.
the power train, the engine, and the axle considered collectively.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I really wish I knew back in November that the 392 was coming out, I would have waited and bought it instead of the Sport S
The 392 press release was in November and they could be ordered but the pricing details weren't released until much later.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
passing on it, unless I hit the lottery. I so want it but the numbers don't add up. I really wish I knew back in November that the 392 was coming out, I would have waited and bought it instead of the Sport S
Sell yours for $50k. Modified sport s will drop like rocks in value. It would be $40k if not for today’s used car market. You got lucky.
Get the 392. Rubicon will always hold their value more. Top it off with Hemi even higher!

Your mistake was putting $25k into a sport s. You will never see that money again. The real question is, same price do you want your current Jeep or the Hemi? I think you’ve told us your answer multiple times.

If you think it’s that easy for the dealer to get $70k for your sport sell it yourself.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
pow·er train
/ˈpou(ə)r ˌtrān/
noun
noun: powertrain
the mechanism that transmits the drive from the engine of a vehicle to its axle.
the power train, the engine, and the axle considered collectively.
What are you saying?

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
48, almost 49.....I ordered it fully loaded with both roofs
That was the sticker, or how much you paid?

I am just curious, as I paid a little over $47k new for my 2019 JLU Sahara, and it has every option including dual top. (Leather, cold, 8.4" nav, safety, advanced safety, LSD, 2.0T, 8spd, tow, remote start, proximity keyless, etc...)

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
That was the sticker, or how much you paid?

I am just curious, as I paid a little over $47k new for my 2019 JLU Sahara, and it has every option including dual top. (Leather, cold, 8.4" nav, safety, advanced safety, LSD, 2.0T, 8spd, tow, remote start, proximity keyless, etc...)
Others have paid $49k for a $56k ru they claim is fully loaded. I’m shocked he paid/msrp a $50k sport s.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Others have paid $49k for a $56k ru they claim is fully loaded. I’m shocked he paid/msrp a $50k sport s.
that is why I asked, as I agree completely. It did seem far from normal to pay MSRP. (I didn't even know that the sport got that high on MSRP, I thought sport pricing was a little more reasonable than the overpriced Saharas & Rubicons)

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
that is why I asked, as I agree completely. It did seem far from normal to pay MSRP. (I didn't even know that the sport got that high on MSRP, I thought sport pricing was a little more reasonable than the overpriced Saharas & Rubicons)
Exactly. Op would be lucky to get $50k in trade or sale for this rig. It will depreciate far faster than the Hemi.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
For those with or thinking about getting a 392. Any future collector value will be for an unmodified, low miles, not used off road Jeep. Mods, miles and trail use will keep it out of the collector market.
And... Never buy a vehicle thinking it will be worth a lot more down the road. Are you going to keep it for 30, 40,50 years in pristene condition? . Are you that young? Invest that money in the market and you'll be better off.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
And... Never buy a vehicle thinking it will be worth a lot more down the road. Are you going to keep it for 30, 40,50 years in pristene condition? . Are you that young? Invest that money in the market and you'll be better off.
Hell, you are better off investing in lottery tickets than hoping a car will appreciate:)

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good idea. Put the money away that you would be spending on this trade. You would loose 25k and spend about 10k over sticker for the privilege of buying the 392, which would be about 25k more than you paid for yours. Grand total, 60k.

60k over 5 years at 3% interest is $1,078.12 a month. Put that much aside every month and you will have money for a 6.4, Tremec, Atlas II, Dana front/rear 60 swap with all the little extras. Or you could by a brand new loaded Rubicon.

What you're thinking about doing now is losing 25k (at least) on a trade, then buying a 392 over sticker at, what 85k after the smoke clears. 85k plus 25k is 110k.

110k for 5 years at 3% interest is 1,976.56. Are you sure you want to do this? Maybe you are in a different financial position than 99+% of us here.
Deleted most of this post.

(Note to self: Stop providing financial advice to others).

Last edited:

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The salesman that sold me it said that he tried to buy a 392 (he owns a customized Rubican) but he was informed by the dealership that orders have been suspended, shut down. Yes, I'd rather have the manual, I love a manual, but......the hemi is pulling me. plus the fact that it is a Rubicon vs the Sport S that I have now. It is a hard decision. The dealership's financial person told me that I'd get an incredible price for Snazzy, New, slightly used Jeeps like mine (under 6,000 miles are selling at a premium according to him) It is a quandary. Had I waited, I could have bought the 392, It just was not available on November 2nd 2020 when I ordered mine. If I knew, I would have waited.
Stop right there. :)

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

I’d get yours listed in Autotrader ASAP. For $25,000 it has to have ARB lockers and diff covers, MOPAR 4” lift, Zeon Platinum winch, BD/KC/RIGID lights all over and more?

YOLO, sounds like you’ll never be happy until your right foot makes that 392 sing 👍😃😎
Sponsored