Sponsored

Help! I am thinking of selling my customized 2021 JLU so I can buy the 392. Where do I sell it for profit?

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
That's awesome...paid cash for the Jeep too. You're doing something right! What have you decided on the 392?
passing on it, unless I hit the lottery. I so want it but the numbers don't add up. I really wish I knew back in November that the 392 was coming out, I would have waited and bought it instead of the Sport S
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
passing on it, unless I hit the lottery. I so want it but the numbers don't add up. I really wish I knew back in November that the 392 was coming out, I would have waited and bought it instead of the Sport S
You've got a badass jeep now, enjoy it. The ability to add a 392 isn't going away. Hell in 5 or 6 years, you may be able to convert to electric if you want!

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem with customizing your Jeep to the level you did is that you end up with a very limited buyer market demographic that would also like your customization style, colors, etc.

The thing with Wranglers is that customizing is huge, no Jeep look alike, this means most Jeep Wrangler buyers want to start with a clean canvas.

Keep it until some 392 demos or one owner used versions hit the market.
The beautiful things about Wranglers is the ability to make it your own, and I have definitely done so.....every single one is unique and to their owners style

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t do it.

Stop it.
1621376195138.gif

The dealer thinks you’re a sucker and is telling you what he knows you want to hear so that he can make a sale and the dealership can get paid twice.

If you really want a 392, keep your existing Wrangler and get the 392. As others have mentioned, you will get nothing back from any mods that you’ve done.

If you can’t keep both and you’re still serious about the 392, pay someone to take your mods off, set them aside, return your Jeep back to stock and then go to your dealer and play ball.
seriously considering buying the 392 outright, not trade and having both Jeeps but......it just sounds so sinful and extravagant.....but then, again......DAMN! That V8 Hemi!

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You've got a badass jeep now, enjoy it. The ability to add a 392 isn't going away. Hell in 5 or 6 years, you may be able to convert to electric if you want!
the really bad part is that I have a 392 fever! It is just as bad as the fever/sickness we get when we buy a Wrangler! I want a Rubicon now, and I want the power of the 392.....but I do know that I am safer with my current baby. with the 392, it would definitely wind up costing me more money since I am sure that I would be getting speeding tickets! ROFL!!!!!

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
$74k for a sport s? That’s the crazy part. You would be lucky to get $50k for it. I would go ahead and get the 392.

you won’t get more for the sport s than you will in today’s market. Try carvana to sell yours.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
seriously considering buying the 392 outright, not trade and having both Jeeps but......it just sounds so sinful and extravagant.....but then, again......DAMN! That V8 Hemi!
Buy a house with a garage big enough for 2 Jeeps first. Well, may e a 3 car garage incase you get married. Certainly she wouldn’t be allowed to drive one of your Jeeps, right?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
the really bad part is that I have a 392 fever! It is just as bad as the fever/sickness we get when we buy a Wrangler! I want a Rubicon now, and I want the power of the 392.....but I do know that I am safer with my current baby. with the 392, it would definitely wind up costing me more money since I am sure that I would be getting speeding tickets! ROFL!!!!!
I feel like you're so overhyped about the 392 wrangler you're going to get it and then have buyers remorse after a few weeks or months once the excitement settles.. especially since you already have a wrangler that 95% the same just not a 392 rubicon. I have an 18' V6 and although id love to get the 4xe or the diesel, it just doesn't sense for me.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Buy a house with a garage big enough for 2 Jeeps first. Well, may e a 3 car garage incase you get married. Certainly she wouldn’t be allowed to drive one of your Jeeps, right?
This. No way in hell I would have a $75k vehicle parked outside in my driveway or on the street.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
No, you would only void the powertrain warranty, which is moot because new motor should have a warranty anyway.
That’s not correct. You would void the trans warranty and anything relating to moving the Jeep forward.
Also if you think getting Jeep to warranty something is hard try getting an aftermarket company to warranty their Hemi.
Those that blew up their Roush Mustangs were out of luck. Even though they were under warranty Roush would not fix them.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
you have a nice Jeep. Keep it. Sorry, but I don't see $25k in mods. You will get most of your original purchase price back if you sell it now. Pull all of the custom stuff you can and put that on the 392 if you want. Put all of your stock stuff back on, you did save it right?
Yeah this is the best option.

Also sell everything on FB marketplace, sold my old truck on their with 30 people interested in a week when not getting a single contact via autotrader.

Sell the jeep close to stock and for any parts that won't fit on 392, sell online, you'll get better prices for each one individually than trying to sell a fixed up Jeep that a specific person with specific taste would want

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon 2dr ,2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr
I would love to (well, I want the 392 and hate giving up my baby, but......) be able to sell my 2021 Snazzberry Wrangler Sport S Unlimited so I can buy a Snazzberry 392 coming soon to a local dealer but I want to get my money out of it! I paid 49,000 and put 25,000 into it customizing it. The dealership actually wants to take pictures of it for their website. The salesman who ordered it for me is blown away and said that I took a Sport S and turned it into a luxury vehicle. Lifted it, added 35's, bronze wheels, all bronze accents on exterior, custom beige leather interior, custom woodgrain interior, had hard top flipped upside down and painted black on inside with HotHeads beige headliners installed, full sound assassin package installed on hard top and floor of Jeep, and the list goes on and on and on.....it's my baby and I'm loving the 6 speed manual and hate the thought of giving that up for the 392 automatic trans, but...................DAMN! that V8 Hemi is pulling me! I've had so much fun building this out and hate to sell, but.....again......DAMN!!!!! that HEMI!!! I've seen somewhere, possibly on here where someone can sell their Wrangler for a fantastic price, even possibly for a profit, but I don't recall the site. Any Ideas? Suggestions?........I am not parting with my baby for less than $75,000. The dealership offered me a measly $44,000 and could sell it for $70,000 or more! Time is of the essence! The window is short for me to be able to get this 392 and I've been told that production of them is going to be shut down soon because of govt regulations. In fact, one dealership has already said that it can't take any orders for it and the one that has my Snazzberry 392 coming in has said that it is probably the last of them and they can't order anymore. I'm dying to do this even as much as it's killing me to give up my Snazzy Sam!

IMG_20210203_165751_925.jpg
You already have so much tied up in your current Jeep, go to a reputable shop and put a hemi in it

lott

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Eco Diesel
I would love to (well, I want the 392 and hate giving up my baby, but......) be able to sell my 2021 Snazzberry Wrangler Sport S Unlimited so I can buy a Snazzberry 392 coming soon to a local dealer but I want to get my money out of it! I paid 49,000 and put 25,000 into it customizing it. The dealership actually wants to take pictures of it for their website. The salesman who ordered it for me is blown away and said that I took a Sport S and turned it into a luxury vehicle. Lifted it, added 35's, bronze wheels, all bronze accents on exterior, custom beige leather interior, custom woodgrain interior, had hard top flipped upside down and painted black on inside with HotHeads beige headliners installed, full sound assassin package installed on hard top and floor of Jeep, and the list goes on and on and on.....it's my baby and I'm loving the 6 speed manual and hate the thought of giving that up for the 392 automatic trans, but...................DAMN! that V8 Hemi is pulling me! I've had so much fun building this out and hate to sell, but.....again......DAMN!!!!! that HEMI!!! I've seen somewhere, possibly on here where someone can sell their Wrangler for a fantastic price, even possibly for a profit, but I don't recall the site. Any Ideas? Suggestions?........I am not parting with my baby for less than $75,000. The dealership offered me a measly $44,000 and could sell it for $70,000 or more! Time is of the essence! The window is short for me to be able to get this 392 and I've been told that production of them is going to be shut down soon because of govt regulations. In fact, one dealership has already said that it can't take any orders for it and the one that has my Snazzberry 392 coming in has said that it is probably the last of them and they can't order anymore. I'm dying to do this even as much as it's killing me to give up my Snazzy Sam!

IMG_20210203_165751_925.jpg
Don't ever buy a vehicle the first year it comes out. Wait till next year.

Buff Huff

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I hope this guy is trolling. If your parking on the street right now, your priority should be getting a garage first.
Sponsored