Sponsored

Help! I am thinking of selling my customized 2021 JLU so I can buy the 392. Where do I sell it for profit?

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I would love to (well, I want the 392 and hate giving up my baby, but......) be able to sell my 2021 Snazzberry Wrangler Sport S Unlimited so I can buy a Snazzberry 392 coming soon to a local dealer but I want to get my money out of it! I paid 49,000 and put 25,000 into it customizing it. The dealership actually wants to take pictures of it for their website. The salesman who ordered it for me is blown away and said that I took a Sport S and turned it into a luxury vehicle. Lifted it, added 35's, bronze wheels, all bronze accents on exterior, custom beige leather interior, custom woodgrain interior, had hard top flipped upside down and painted black on inside with HotHeads beige headliners installed, full sound assassin package installed on hard top and floor of Jeep, and the list goes on and on and on.....it's my baby and I'm loving the 6 speed manual and hate the thought of giving that up for the 392 automatic trans, but...................DAMN! that V8 Hemi is pulling me! I've had so much fun building this out and hate to sell, but.....again......DAMN!!!!! that HEMI!!! I've seen somewhere, possibly on here where someone can sell their Wrangler for a fantastic price, even possibly for a profit, but I don't recall the site. Any Ideas? Suggestions?........I am not parting with my baby for less than $75,000. The dealership offered me a measly $44,000 and could sell it for $70,000 or more! Time is of the essence! The window is short for me to be able to get this 392 and I've been told that production of them is going to be shut down soon because of govt regulations. In fact, one dealership has already said that it can't take any orders for it and the one that has my Snazzberry 392 coming in has said that it is probably the last of them and they can't order anymore. I'm dying to do this even as much as it's killing me to give up my Snazzy Sam!

IMG_20210203_165751_925.jpg
Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I would love to (well, I want the 392 and hate giving up my baby, but......) be able to sell my 2021 Snazzberry Wrangler Sport S Unlimited so I can buy a Snazzberry 392 coming soon to a local dealer but I want to get my money out of it! I paid 49,000 and put 25,000 into it customizing it. The dealership actually wants to take pictures of it for their website. The salesman who ordered it for me is blown away and said that I took a Sport S and turned it into a luxury vehicle. Lifted it, added 35's, bronze wheels, all bronze accents on exterior, custom beige leather interior, custom woodgrain interior, had hard top flipped upside down and painted black on inside with HotHeads beige headliners installed, full sound assassin package installed on hard top and floor of Jeep, and the list goes on and on and on.....it's my baby and I'm loving the 6 speed manual and hate the thought of giving that up for the 392 automatic trans, but...................DAMN! that V8 Hemi is pulling me! I've had so much fun building this out and hate to sell, but.....again......DAMN!!!!! that HEMI!!! I've seen somewhere, possibly on here where someone can sell their Wrangler for a fantastic price, even possibly for a profit, but I don't recall the site. Any Ideas? Suggestions?........I am not parting with my baby for less than $75,000. The dealership offered me a measly $44,000 and could sell it for $70,000 or more! Time is of the essence! The window is short for me to be able to get this 392 and I've been told that production of them is going to be shut down soon because of govt regulations. In fact, one dealership has already said that it can't take any orders for it and the one that has my Snazzberry 392 coming in has said that it is probably the last of them and they can't order anymore. I'm dying to do this even as much as it's killing me to give up my Snazzy Sam!

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! I am thinking of selling my customized 2021 JLU so I can buy the 392. Where do I sell it for profit? IMG_20210203_165751_925
you're never gunna get that money back, im not sure how much youre ok with losing, but i wouldnt believe the salesmen telling you that they cant get another 392 in for you. They might be rare but theyre mass produced and they arent ceasing production anytime soon to my knowledge.

if it were me, id keep your jeep. you obviously put a lot of work and money into it and in my opinion thats a lot cooler than buying a 392. Sounds like you did a nice job and it looks awesome. Yours is yours, plus i agree with you on the manual....id rather have a manual v6 than an automatic v8 (bUt ThE zF iS sO gReAt) i loved the zf in my ram's but theres no comparison to driving a manual if its something you truly enjoy. id argue that the manual's will be rarer than FCA/stella putting huge V8's in vehicles in the future!

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't see anyone paying you what you want for the customization. If you really love it, then keep it!
Yeah, I'm seriously thinking of keeping it. Hell, I really don't want to lose my Snazzy! It is my baby....but again, DAMN! to have a 392 Rubicon!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you're never gunna get that money back, im not sure how much youre ok with losing, but i wouldnt believe the salesmen telling you that they cant get another 392 in for you. They might be rare but theyre mass produced and they arent ceasing production anytime soon to my knowledge.

if it were me, id keep your jeep. you obviously put a lot of work and money into it and in my opinion thats a lot cooler than buying a 392. Sounds like you did a nice job and it looks awesome. Yours is yours, plus i agree with you on the manual....id rather have a manual v6 than an automatic v8 (bUt ThE zF iS sO gReAt) i loved the zf in my ram's but theres no comparison to driving a manual if its something you truly enjoy. id argue that the manual's will be rarer than FCA/stella putting huge V8's in vehicles in the future!
The salesman that sold me it said that he tried to buy a 392 (he owns a customized Rubican) but he was informed by the dealership that orders have been suspended, shut down. Yes, I'd rather have the manual, I love a manual, but......the hemi is pulling me. plus the fact that it is a Rubicon vs the Sport S that I have now. It is a hard decision. The dealership's financial person told me that I'd get an incredible price for Snazzy, New, slightly used Jeeps like mine (under 6,000 miles are selling at a premium according to him) It is a quandary. Had I waited, I could have bought the 392, It just was not available on November 2nd 2020 when I ordered mine. If I knew, I would have waited.

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't see anyone paying you what you want for the customization. If you really love it, then keep it!
Agreed, I do love my baby that I've built........................BUT DAMN!!!!! THAT 392!!!!!!

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m sorry but realistically no one is going to pay 75k for a used sport s, no matter how customized it is. They could just go buy a brand new 392 themselves.

Most on these forums understand that all the money we put into our Jeeps, we are never going to get that back when we decide to sell them.

If I were you, I would keep your current jeep because that v8 will get old and you will get used to it after a few months. But you would’ve lost tens of thousands of dollars in the process.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
cheaper to keep'er.....hate to break it to you but you're not gonna get anything close to $75K for a used customized Sport S when you can get a brand new nicely equipped JLU Rubicon for @$50K

Appreciate what you have and love the one your with.....

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The salesman that sold me it said that he tried to buy a 392 (he owns a customized Rubican) but he was informed by the dealership that orders have been suspended, shut down. Yes, I'd rather have the manual, I love a manual, but......the hemi is pulling me. plus the fact that it is a Rubicon vs the Sport S that I have now. It is a hard decision. The dealership's financial person told me that I'd get an incredible price for Snazzy, New, slightly used Jeeps like mine (under 6,000 miles are selling at a premium according to him) It is a quandary. Had I waited, I could have bought the 392, It just was not available on November 2nd 2020 when I ordered mine. If I knew, I would have waited.
People selling their jeeps for a premium are able to so because they are in stock or near stock form. Especially if they got their jeeps at the start of covid when auto prices were down. Buy when they couldn't move the cars, sell it back when they can't keep up with production due to parts shortages.

But that work you did was for you. No one else would have picked those same combos. And unless you run a custom shop with some street cred for designs, the only person that's willing to pay the same premium for that jeep is you.

Maybe if you go through a private sale you can find someone who loves it just as much as you, and they aren't willing to put in the work themselves. But I would think they'd still want it for less than you paid.

Honestly, try Turo. With a unique jeep you might get enough of a steady income stream to get the 392 and keep your masterpiece.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
you have a nice Jeep. Keep it. Sorry, but I don't see $25k in mods. You will get most of your original purchase price back if you sell it now. Pull all of the custom stuff you can and put that on the 392 if you want. Put all of your stock stuff back on, you did save it right?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Can't help on your trade (other than to echo what others have said) but I have a 392 on order and can tell you that getting one (esp at MSRP) is hard work. However, any statements about its future seem to be pure conjecture (in your case perhaps a sales tactic). What did your dealer quote you for the 392?

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have given serious consideration to dropping a hemi into my baby......but that will have to be a ways off after the warrantee expires. Otherwise, I void my warranty on a new vehicle
Can't help on your trade (other than to echo what others have said) but I have a 392 on order and can tell you that getting one (esp at MSRP) is hard work. However, any statements about its future seem to be pure conjecture (in your case perhaps a sales tactic). What did your dealer quote you for the 392?
78,0000 MSRP, sells for 84,0000
Sponsored