Sponsored

Help I am in Aurora Colorado for 2 weeks with my Jeep and 2 PWC and I need a buddy that can show me the trails and ride the PWC any day anytime..

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Or good recommendations...
Thanks Jeff
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
OP
OP
jrohan07

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct. jet skis. thanks for the site.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
If you wish to take pavement to about 11,500 feet you can drive up Guanella pass, park, and then hike up to 13.9k (squaretop mountain) or 14.2k (beirstadt) if you desire. Trailhead is about 1.5 hours from Denver. The hikes are NOT ā€˜easyā€. .... proceed with caution if you intend to go the whole way (I have not). Also There is a county dirt road on the Grant side of the pass comes out of the Duck creek picnic area ā€” Geneva Creek road (aKA duck creek road and some road numbers) that is rated Easy turning to moderate at higher elevations By the guys who wrote ā€œguide to Colorado back roads, 4th editionā€.

loch Lemond road is also open now (snow delayed opening of the upper part). I have not done it but you can drive up to the alpine lake (I donā€™t think that your water craft are allowed however... check.).

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jrohan07

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can store my skis in the garage.
This sounds great for 3 days. Everything i want to do.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I can store my skis in the garage.
This sounds great for 3 days. Everything i want to do.
If you hike squaretop mountain trail, you may wish to stop at the lakes. The summit is up there and the ascent, I am told, is quite hard (Much harder than bierstadt I am told). The hike to the lakes and back is about 5 miles-ish and quite nice. you will be above the treeline so get off the exposed mountain by very early afternoon as thunderstorms tend to dot the area.

looks like you are from Alabama..... you may need to hike slowly as the air is thin for sea dwellers (I recently moved from Houston). Also, take lots of water - there is no shade and you will lose a lot of water....

OP
OP
jrohan07

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep Alabama long way to drive but itā€™s well worth it in Georgetown now on a train ride is absolutely beautiful thanks for all the suggestions and I canā€™t wait and I already discovered altitude in a bottle I thought I had asthma

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
As you spend more time at elevation in Colorado you will acclimate a bit and that will make hiking easier. I went from Sea Level on the island of Hawaii to the top of Mauna Kea (13,803 ft) and I couldn't add and felt generally terrible for hours after getting back to sea level afterwards. It was very cool, but I can't just can't go to high too fast. I now live at 2,800 feet and going to Flagstaff, AZ is 7,000 feet and after a day I am good. Here is an image of percentage oxygen at different altitudes and the zones. Notice 14,000 feet is in the orange zone.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help I am in Aurora Colorado for 2 weeks with my Jeep and 2 PWC and I need a buddy that can show me the trails and ride the PWC any day anytime.. Hypoxico-Altitude-To-Oxygen-Chart