Accidental duplicate threat.

vilewolf

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2 Door
So I just drove 2000 miles on my 2018 jeep jl sport 2dr. The last 500 miles my jeep doesn't want to turn over when I start it. I press the button and it jumps to run mode but doesn't turn on. I have to try multiple times to get it to turn over. Sometimes I get the red security light that stays on but I have a basic model with no security system. My doors are manual locks and windows. My key fob has no buttons on them. I have both key fobs with me and neither work.

At one point my system gave me a check engine light and warning to get start stop serviced BUT I can't get it to show me the fault code when I run diagnostic. It also only has done that once. My jeep does usually say start stop unavailable battery protection mode.

I just had a new driver side seat and steel bumper put on but it ran fine with those for 1500 miles. Dealer put the seat in too so I have (don't judge me) faith that did it right.

The dealer in northern idaho can't get me in right now and can't provide me a rental car. The issue seems to be getting worse the longer I wait too. I have a bad feeling that I'm getting stranded 2000 miles from home.

I have read so many threads with similar issues BUT no one had provided an answer or fix to what it is. Can anyone please help me????
Sponsored

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
That sounds like a bad battery to me. Either the main or auxiliary or both.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
That sounds like a bad battery to me. Either the main or auxiliary or both.
I was thinking the same thing. See if you can get both batteries load tested locally. I had the same issue and it was my main battery (not the AUX battery, which is often the culprit). Hopefully, you are within your 3 year warranty period. Ideally, see if they will replace both, because if one was causing issues, it might have weakened the other one during the process.

I ended up just buying an Odessey battery on my own dime, as I like those starting on cold winter mornings.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Sounds like a duplicate thread.
Sponsored