Sponsored

Help Deciding! Sahara CPO or New Sport S

njcharlie01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Hi Everyone -- new here, and excited to join the Wrangler family soon!

I'm looking at a few options, and hoping you guys can weigh in a bit based on your experience. I'm in NJ btw

1: Dealer A is offering 2018 CPO Sahara Unlimited; $39,895 and $3.5k for my trade
  • I'm hesitant on this primarily because of how the dealer has operated. The advertised price was $38,000 - and then it went up to $39,000 (they said the advertised price didn't have the 'Dealer Customer Rewards Benefit' included -- basically, if you've bought from them before they give you $1k off and that was showing in the advertised price) and then $39,895 (after adding a $895 'Dealer Prep Fee'). The final nail in the coffin was the $600 doc fee. I'm fine with fees and know they exist, just didn't like the way they approached it and the sales manager was pretty unapproachable. Otherwise, it's a nice car
2: Dealer B is offering 2019 Sport S Unlimited; $39,000 and $5k for my trade
  • Sport S with Tech Pkg, Cold Wx Pkg., and Convenience Group..MSRP $42,820 (invoice is $41,316).
Anything else I should be considering? What would you go for? In general, the only things I really want to make sure I get are tech package and cold weather package -- everything else is just a nice to have for me. I'm looking to finance, pre-qual for around 3.59%...would consider leasing too but am worried about the annual mileage limits.

Edit: The offers are from different dealers -- should have mentioned that first!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Ummmm, are you sure you are comfortable with a dealer who seems to be doing a "bait and switch"? And why would they give you less of a trade on the Sport than the older Sahara?

Just wondering and advising approach with caution.

OP
OP

njcharlie01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Ummmm, are you sure you are comfortable with a dealer who seems to be doing a "bait and switch"? And why would they give you less of a trade on the Sport than the older Sahara?

Just wondering and advising approach with caution.
Yeah - that's why I am a bit hesitant about the CPO Sahara; also, should have mentioned that these are from two different dealers. My bad! updating now.

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
The advertised price was $38,000 - and then it went up to $39,000 (they said the advertised price didn't have the 'Dealer Customer Rewards Benefit' included -- basically, if you've bought from them before they give you $1k off and that was showing in the advertised price) and then $39,895 (after adding a $895 'Dealer Prep Fee').
That is when I say 'so pretend that I bought a car from you in the past' if I don't just walk.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
What’s Sahara msrp post the window Sticker
Sponsored