First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
So I can't decide on getting the Bestop Sunrider for my 2018 JL Rubicon. I am not big on removing the top so not sure I would get my money's worth.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? If so what did you decide and was it the right decision for you?

Appreciate any feedback.

Mike
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So I can't decide on getting the Bestop Sunrider for my 2018 JL Rubicon. I am not big on removing the top so not sure I would get my money's worth.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? If so what did you decide and was it the right decision for you?

Appreciate any feedback.

Mike
I purchased my '15 JKU with a hardtop and my new month old '20 JLU with a hardtop. I like and need the security the hardtop provides. That being said, I am not a fan of the freedom panels. Granted they are much easier to remove and reinstall on the JLU, they still require one to stop to remove/replace and space to store them when removed. I purchased a twill Sunrider for Hardtop as soon as they were available for the JK and loved every moment of having it. It never caused me any issues and was super easy to open and close any time I wanted to. It was a no-brainer for me to eventually want and order a twill Sunrider for my new JLU. I am sorting out a leak issue and a new replacement top was sent and should be arriving today. Despite that, I have zero regrets ordering one and can't wait for it to stop raining so I can get the new top installed. I say go ahead and purchase one - you won't regret it and will get more use out of it than the freedom panels.

OP
OP
MikeJLURubi

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Ok. Thank you. Definitely one on the positive side. I have the security issue as well due to my work use.
Thank you so much for your response.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Our last JK came with the "freedom" hard top. I rarely took the panels out. Not that removing them was all that difficult but now, what do I do wth them? Any threat of rain, don't want to be scrambling to find a spot to pull over, dig out the panels and reinstall.

Bought the Sun rider top, installed it myself in about an hour. No problems with installation or use. It was open way more often, it only took 10 seconds and could be done from the drivers seat.

Now we've got the one touch top, which we use alot, but the freedom top with Sun rider mod would have been a lot less expensive.
Sponsored