Sponsored

Help. Color?

goshann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Help me decide! Lol. About to make my first Jeep purchase - moving from a Range Rover Sport. I found a dealer that will order for me at a good price. Placing order Tuesday no matter what.

My build right now is hydro blue. But I am considering switching to black. I'm a big fan of blue cars and like the fact it is more unique, but my wife isn't a fan of the color and I do wonder if I would get tired of it.

I was also thinking of a clear matte/stealth vinyl wrap immediately when I receive it which I think would look good on black or blue.

Anybody with a hydro blue have any regrets? Does the color have staying power?

Anybody wrapped a 392?

Thanks and have a great rest of the holiday!
Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? E1788CCA-68AA-4C73-B2F9-C17A4966C491

I really like this color! in the PNW black is way to hard to keep looking good

if she really doesnā€™t like blue, granite crystal looks sharp tooā€¦in my opinion. šŸ˜œšŸ‘

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
I considered the blue, but thereā€™s just something about Sarge Green on a Wrangler that I love. šŸ¤¤

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had a black JK and the color only looked good when it was absolutely spotless. And even then, it attracted swirlmarks and scratches like crazy. Most of the time, it was a dingy, dusty color with dirty waterspots, lol. And when the hardtop/fenders faded over nine years of ownership, it looked really noticeable against the black paint. Oh, and it was hot as blazes in summer. Pure misery. It was my second black vehicle and probably my last.

It did look fantastic when it was all clean, though. And it's a nice platform to layer your own color accents onto. I see some really nice looking black Jeeps with bright hints of accent color out there.

That said, I ordered a Hydro Blue JL and absolutely LOVE this color. It's deep and lovely and looks phenomenal. The shade shifts depending on lighting, which keeps things interesting. And it's easy to find in a crowd, ha. Very distinctive, very eye catching. I get a lot of compliments on it. Not nearly as hot inside as my old black JK, either.

So far, maintenance has been easy. No swirl marks and the small scratches I've picked up pretty much vanish with a good waxing. I had to touchup a larger rock chip on my hinge and the fix is barely visible, paint blended nicely.

But ultimately, to each their own! And I'm definitely biased towards Hydro Blue.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? IMG_4033b

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Hydro is one of the richest most dynamic shades of blue on the road. Your wife might be concerned that itā€™s too loud, especially so if she prefers black. If she hasnā€™t seen it in person, get her to a Jeep lot that has one before Tuesday. Good luck with your decision.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I chose hydro for the already mentioned reasons, but it was a coin toss between blue and snazzy. Have you taken a good look at snazzy in person,the on line images do not do it justice. Also, my GC is black and an hour after you wash it you canā€™t tell itā€™s been washed in a month.

Jeeper4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? 83E0139D-5029-4382-B3E9-FB81EFA4F33F
Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? 98AEA590-4F71-48E5-975B-109CB74DA9A9

love my hydro! I like black as well, but as others have mentioned, it looks best for the first 15 minutes after being washed. I have not at all grown tired of the blue and am very happy with my decision. Current pic with the orange Iā€™ve added and with chrome grill/bumper. Let us know what you decide!!

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
White, is the way to go. If your jeep is in the sun almost all the time. I would go white.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? AA4B49A4-A4CD-43A7-B7AA-810647763924

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Picking up my hydro blue 392 on Friday. Eventually Iā€™ll go stealth to frost the image a bit but for now Iā€™m going to enjoy its shiny awesomeness.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Both look good. But black can get dirty easily. Black is also a safe color. Before I got my 2019 Mojito, every vehicle I got was black/white/silver/grey, which is one reason I went Mojito. I doubt I will ever buy another vehicle that looks good in a bright metallic green (some are out there just way beyond my budget). I considered red but I can see myself buying something else in the future that looks good in red.

After a couple years and 25k miles I still have no regrets on my Mojito. If I were ordering today I would go Hydro Blue. Not sure what I would pick if both of those were available when I ordered.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Imagine getting tired of color in your life and going with black when there's such great choices available

Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? 1630895735933

OP
OP
goshann

goshann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
4.5 weeks after I ordered, my new 392 was delivered to my house yesterday. Actually only took three weeks to get to the dealer after ordering, transportation company had some staffing issues which pushed delivery out a few days.

Coming to the house:

Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? 392Arrivin

In the driveway:

Jeep Wrangler JL Help.  Color? 392indriveway

I got pretty much every option but the XR and half doors. Thinking about ordering XR when 2022 ordering opens up. Maybe in black.

Last edited:

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
Just go Black. If not black. The Tescadero Pink