Sponsored

Help: Chrysler holding my Jeep with no answers

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Let make a crazy suggestion if it hasn't been made: Go to other Jeep Forums, car forums to report problems, and to the NTSB. If there are enough people having the same issues as you, your atty could get a class action suit against FCA. Being in VA, it would be easier thing to start compared to TX.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmgrant41

jmgrant41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Any resolution to who's footing the rental bill?
Just realized I never responded to this @cjaama. The dealer stepped up and covered my entire bill for the rental costs and the other maintenance work (oil change, tire rotation, vehicle inspection) I had scheduled. The Service Manager told me that "this was no way to treat a customer" and they would cover everything since Chrysler refused.

Fast forward to mid-January after I filed a complaint against FCA with the BBB in December, I received a call from some sort of case manager at Chrysler. After explaining everything that happened (because he did not take time to review my case before contacting me), he offered to pay for the rental. I let him know the dealer took care of me and that any reimbursement should go to them. He also stated that the defect was "obviously Chrysler's fault" but he could not provide me with the investigative report because that was not his department. Then he told me to call back in 3 years if I were to purchase another Chrysler vehicle and he would honor a 5% discount. He didn't provide any contact info or what I should do if he changes jobs within the next 3 years but apparently I'm supposed to call Chrysler and hope for the best.

I've also spoken with 2 attorney's who told me I absolutely have a case but both asked how much time and money I was willing to invest to fight it. After the absolute insanity that Chrysler has already put me through, I think they beat me down enough to just eat the extra monthly insurance premium (which I'm sure was their goal all along).

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
I would also file a report with NHSTA so there's a record on it.
Sponsored