Sponsored

Help, at a cross road.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
The 392 can't go any faster or travel as long w/o a fillup.
If you like to make noise and let everyone know you're 20 again I say go for it.
My 392 gets better mileage than my 3.6 JKUR did…. If you leave the exhaust in the quiet setting it is really not that loud. I couldn’t stand the 3.6, it ran way too hot and my 4.10 35s rubicon was a chore to drive where I live. It was a dog. I bought the v8 as soon as I could, the 5.7 would have been enough but whatever. Never gave a thought to buying the JL since nothing about it interested me. Until the v8. Bought it as soon as I could. Truly a no brainer for me. My 392 is the vehicle with the least amount of power I own.
Sponsored

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
The 392 can't go any faster
Did you REALLY type this drivel?

OP, best Jeep of all time but everyone's financial situation is different and a well optioned 392 is 2X the National average for a new car. Honestly, if I wasn't getting about 80% of mine free I might have done something else.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Did you REALLY type this drivel?

OP, best Jeep of all time but everyone's financial situation is different and a well optioned 392 is 2X the National average for a new car. Honestly, if I wasn't getting about 80% of mine free I might have done something else.
If your at a track...maybe... but everday real world condtions ...meaningless.
Unless you're just in it for the noise and badge. Who's racing Jeeps? 🤣

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
So totally disagree, as will all owners who have driven multiple powertrains.....go watch a few youtube reviews. On road performance is where it really shines.

If anything, you have it backwards, where other than the massive torque on hand at all times, a 392 is less of an advantage doing slow offroad duties like rock crawling.

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, as others have said, the mods you've done to your current Jeep aren't going to help much for a trade-in, so scavenge/recycle as much as you can before you do the deal. Then, go get that 392.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Ah, no…. My wife wouldn’t drive my jkur because it couldn’t keep off with traffic and you had to flog it to get going on the highway. So that is not the case with a 392. It is easy to drive and fun for her now. And I get about 17-18 avg mpg. I am not a high school kid and don’t need to race anyone. It is a Jeep and I drive it like every Jeep I have had.

7.62x392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 392 XR
Build Thread
Link
I went from the 2.0 to the 6.4 and will never look back. Whoever said it’s not any faster on the road up above clearly has never driven one. The thing is a rocket ship and my previous 2.0 doesn’t event compare, and my 2.0 had 33” tires, my 392 has 38s. By far and away the most fun vehicle I’ve ever owned. Both on the road and on the trails the thing is an animal. Worth every penny IMO if you have the means to purchase one.

7.62x392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 392 XR
Build Thread
Link
If anything, you have it backwards, where other than the massive torque on hand at all times, a 392 is less of an advantage doing slow offroad duties like rock crawling.
I have to disagree with this, I find the 392 much easier to crawl difficult obstacles offroad than my previous 2.0T. I walk right up obstacles that I watch all the 2.0s and 3.6s struggle to get up.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Good evening everyone I’m asking if anyone has traded their 3.6JLU in for a 392? With the new floating axle and other upgrades I’m seriously thinking of trading in are really nicely modified 2020 JLU Rubicon. Has the Mopar lift RockHard aluminum full skids, diff, covers arb twin air, trail rail, Kc rock lights, 35” tires and a whole bunch of other bolt ons. Thoughts is it worth it to start over or be happy with what I got?

IMG_2083.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg

IMG_1900.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg
How is anyone able to provide an honest answer to this question without a picture of your financial status and obligations.

Sponsored

Good jeep

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired
Go for the 392. You will be a happy camper behind the wheel. There are a lot of 392 on the market so you should be able to get a good deal.
A lot of money but you only live once. You might as well be in a 392.