Help, at a cross road.

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Good evening everyone I’m asking if anyone has traded their 3.6JLU in for a 392? With the new floating axle and other upgrades I’m seriously thinking of trading in are really nicely modified 2020 JLU Rubicon. Has the Mopar lift RockHard aluminum full skids, diff, covers arb twin air, trail rail, Kc rock lights, 35” tires and a whole bunch of other bolt ons. Thoughts is it worth it to start over or be happy with what I got?

IMG_2083.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg

IMG_1900.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg
Sponsored

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
Good evening everyone I’m asking if anyone has traded their 3.6JLU in for a 392? With the new floating axle and other upgrades I’m seriously thinking of trading in are really nicely modified 2020 JLU Rubicon. Has the Mopar lift RockHard aluminum full skids, diff, covers arb twin air, trail rail, Kc rock lights, 35” tires and a whole bunch of other bolt ons. Thoughts is it worth it to start over or be happy with what I got?
First of all, awesome ride and build. You already have something that looks epic and can perform in a variety of terrain.

I think this purely depends on whether you want the benefits and negatives of a $30k engine. I personally don't care about gas prices (averaging 10.8 mpg with 11k miles) and I get pure joy every time I step on the gas pedal. The sound is amazing as well. But there's not much more benefit from your current build than that.

Money is meant to be spent. Do whatever makes you happy!

Sponsored

Tank2112

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392, Custom Jeep LJ
If you have the disposable income, trade and you won't regret it. So much fun to drive.
Plus 392 has built-in snorkel.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Doing financially responsible things are always my first priority on big purchases. I have a family to take care of first and foremost. A Jeep is a toy, overkill for daily driver activities.

I look at your situation and imagine this swap would be upwards of $50k by the time you rip your lips away from the modification firehose. That is equal to two years of education at an in-state college.

OTOH, if committed to paying cash with no debt other than a low interest appropriately sized for income mortgage, why the heck not?

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
If you want it go for it. It is for sure worth the jump, best Jeep I have owned by far. It’s not starting over either I would take all your mods from your current Jeep and just install them on the 392.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
When at a crossroads, I put it in 4-low and lock the axles.

Really though, what does the upgrade get you, practically speaking. If your current Jeep is already got what you need, what else do you need. Seems like the things on the 392 wouldn't be of benefit to you. I get what they are, what they are on paper, but what do they do for you; anything?